Author Topic: Organising Gear  (Read 1176 times)

Little Foot

Re: Organising Gear
« Reply #15 on: 10:16:44, 01/11/20 »
Thanks for the replies all. I’ll get a few plastic boxes in a couple of weeks.

I keep my sleeping bags loose in a suitcase so they are taken care of. I think I will buy a box for my tents to avoid them getting caught on things and pop other long stay gear in there like certain cookware. Maybe smaller boxes for things like first aid/safety, lighting, etc. I’m thinking i’d be better off with different labelled boxes rather than large big boxes with different things in, to stop me forgetting stuff. I might just have a quick go-to box for day trips with small first aid kit and the dog’s bowl etc, as I have been using my 18L day rucksack for shopping, so can’t keep it in there.

I sound as if I am very organised and tidy, don’t I? I am not.

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 10:27:52, 01/11/20 »
I sound as if I am very organised and tidy, don’t I?

Please stop encouraging me to make a sexist comment  >:D

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 12:51:53, 01/11/20 »
A tip for married men.  If your wife asks you to put away a bit of kit you filed on the floor or the furniture over a week ago, just do it.  On no account as her where to put it.  The reply alone will make your eyes water and any attempt to comply will render you incapable of anything but the shortest of walks.
Solvitur Ambulando

Stube

« Reply #18 on: 18:35:58, 01/11/20 »
Generally most of the clothes and geat lives in a collection of rucksacks  duffle bags in the music/sewing room on top of the sofa bed. Clothes are sorted by colour in different bags.
Coats in the understairs cupboard.
Tents and sleeping bags live mesh bags in the cupboard over the wardrobe.
Local area maps and walking books on top of the piano.
Other maps are relegated to the study.
Boots in the garden shed.
A day pack is kept packed with essentials apart from food and water.
My multiday pack houses the gear I generally use - just add maps. food and clothes.
It sounds organised, but is total chaos ::)
« Last Edit: 18:39:28, 01/11/20 by Stube »

Birdman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 18:44:53, 01/11/20 »
Most of my stuff is just spread out across the floor of the second bedroom that I don't use. This way I know where everything is! Grin
My travel and walking reports: https://www.hikingbirdman.com/

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 19:30:14, 01/11/20 »
Most of my stuff is just spread out across the floor of the second bedroom that I don't use. This way I know where everything is! Grin
It is called a piling system.
Solvitur Ambulando

Thedogsmother

« Reply #21 on: 23:06:11, 01/11/20 »
I keep coats and hiking boots with my clothing in the house as I use them often. The rest of my hiking and camping gear is kept in the boot of my car due to mice in the shed and no room to store it in the house. It is all in several big Ortlieb dry bags. I do get it out for a kit audit at times when I'm not using it and re-pack things as I can always improve on the way things are organised. I really have no alternative at the moment as to where to store it,  the benefit of course is if I broke down or got stranded I'd be absolutely fine for ages  ;D

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy