Author Topic: Kendal Mountain Festival  (Read 1403 times)

snaderson

Kendal Mountain Festival
« on: 08:09:55, 20/11/20 »
Anyone else signed up for this? It's all online, of course, with live events and films. It's not that cheap, I don't think, but I signed up for the film pass as I do like a good mountain movie and there are a lot to choose from in the festival.

I had some trouble Chromecasting (first film in a collection was fine but autoplaying the next one lost the connection and it was a pain to recover it) so I ended up plugging my laptop's shonky HDMI port into the TV.

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
Re: Kendal Mountain Festival
« Reply #1 on: 08:20:50, 20/11/20 »
Thanks for the heads up snaderson, I am going to watch the films and may look at the rest too.

snaderson

« Reply #2 on: 08:50:05, 20/11/20 »
Thanks for the heads up snaderson, I am going to watch the films and may look at the rest too.

O0 You get until the end of the year to watch the films too.

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 09:16:06, 20/11/20 »
Great stuff, but I will probably binge watch.  I am under docs orders to do nothing as the pleurisy I got a couple of weeks ago has returned with a vengeance.  Hopefully the festival will help the time pass.

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 23:45:42, 20/11/20 »
Just watched Ocean to Sky, about Hillary and his trip up the Ganges. Beautiful film worth the cost of the pass alone.

snaderson

« Reply #5 on: 16:26:08, 21/11/20 »
Just watched Ocean to Sky, about Hillary and his trip up the Ganges. Beautiful film worth the cost of the pass alone.

Great, it's on my watch list.

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 09:48:43, 22/11/20 »
Highly recommend this to anyone considering it, there is a large volume of films, the ones I have watched so far are all quality, though obviously some are more interesting to me than others,  but some remarkable people and lots to learn.  £36 well spent, for me.

Thanks again snaderson.

snaderson

« Reply #7 on: 08:29:21, 23/11/20 »
Cheers pdstsp. I actually did some bingeing this weekend! As you say, they are all really good quality, some interesting stories and great cinematography .

Some are kind of left-field with regard to 'outdoors'. Like Stalking Chernobyl, about people who lead guided tours around the abandoned towns near the site of the disaster, which was really good (especially with the explicit references to Andrei Tarkovsky's film).

The short drama about cheese rolling in Gloucestershire (part of the Outside Thinkers collection) was brilliant!

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 11:35:30, 22/12/20 »
Still dipping into this, yesterday watched Totally FKT about the two ultra runners attempting fastest know times on the Pennine Way earlier this year, John Kelly and Damien Hall.

Also interesting quirky film about extinct stick insects on an island off Australia.

snaderson

« Reply #9 on: 13:21:31, 22/12/20 »
I've been watching loads of them - and I've still got a load on my list to fit in before it ends! Some really good stuff, lots of beautiful photography (slack-lining on a snowy mountain top with the Northern Lights in the background being one of the best), funny things like unicycling around the world, moving things like Stone Locals about what personal problems climbing helps people with, and powerful pieces like Walled Citizen about Palestinian hikers and the curtailment of their freedom. Really glad I subscribed.

Haven't watched Totally FKT yet, another to add to the queue!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy