Author Topic: Snowdonia Post-Lockdown Easing  (Read 1093 times)

myxpyr

Snowdonia Post-Lockdown Easing
« on: 08:36:16, 12/07/20 »
I went for my first "hill day" since 22nd March yesterday, admittedly only a stroll round Llyn Idwal. Happily the Brew Shack was open.
There were plenty of people out with many clad in their de rigeur hill attire of flip flops, flimsy blouses and tee shirts and ripped jeans with girls plastered in make up. The car parks were full and, on departing, it was quite depressing seeing cars parked along the double white line section(illegal) by Ogwen Falls.
On the whole, just like a bank holiday :(

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
Re: Snowdonia Post-Lockdown Easing
« Reply #1 on: 11:36:18, 12/07/20 »
To be fair, a wander round Idwal hardly calls for full mountain kit - must be nice for everyone to be able to get out and enjoy some freedom after watching us in England travelling with little restriction for some weeks.  Parking at Idwal can be a nightmare - one of the reasons I choose to get there at dawn at the weekends!

myxpyr

« Reply #2 on: 12:04:02, 12/07/20 »
To be fair, a wander round Idwal hardly calls for full mountain kit -
Fair comment but I wouldn't consider flip flops to be appropriate

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 19:34:48, 12/07/20 »
I once found a broken flip flop on the steep section of the Pyg Track above Glaslyn.

I wondered how the wearer had got that far in flip flops, and I wondered how they got back down again with only one flip flop!
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

myxpyr

« Reply #4 on: 19:49:13, 12/07/20 »
I once found a broken flip flop on the steep section of the Pyg Track above Glaslyn.

I wondered how the wearer had got that far in flip flops, and I wondered how they got back down again with only one flip flop!
:2funny:

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 20:11:15, 12/07/20 »

Perhaps they flip-hopped?
Solvitur Ambulando

myxpyr

« Reply #6 on: 20:16:15, 12/07/20 »
Perhaps they flip-hopped?
They belonged to a Frenchman. His name was Filipe Folope

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy