Author Topic: [TR] Bridgewater Way, TP Trail & Carrington Moss  (Read 1106 times)

vghikers

• Veteran Member
A few pictures from another lockdown restricted day walk from the door, this is a variation on the Bridgewater canal / Carrington Moss theme taking a longer route around the northerly fringes of the Moss to skirt the Carrington chemical plant.

The used Pixel phone I recently bought from CEX was field-tested today. We didn't have any map sheets printed for the northern end of this walk (no printer here), but I've been experimenting with the MM Tracker app. I loaded the relevant OS MM .qct file for this region and it worked perfectly, another success.

Today was the hottest March day since 1968 and it showed in the numbers of people out and about: loads of walkers, cyclists and quite a few horse riders. The butterflies were out in force too, a spectacular number for March including Brimstones, Peacocks, Tortoiseshells and Orange-tips.

This northerly region of the Moss was almost deserted, a pleasant change from the crowds before on the BW and TPT.

Report & photos

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
Re: [TR] Bridgewater Way, TP Trail & Carrington Moss
« Reply #1 on: 13:54:52, 01/04/21 »
Carrington Moss trig point looks like it's seen better days!!

Nice pics - but I bet you're looking forward to getting back to the wilds

vghikers

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 14:47:47, 01/04/21 »
Thanks pdstp.
...but I bet you're looking forward to getting back to the wilds

Damned right, these local walks are enjoyable but they are wearing a bit thin. My wife has had both her jabs and I shouldn't be long now for my second, after that, subject to any restrictions, we're off!.

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 15:27:24, 01/04/21 »
they are wearing a bit thin

You can say that again!!

GnP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 20:43:44, 02/04/21 »
Some lovely pics albeit local .  O0
Does the Pixel phone enable you to see the route traking up and / or allow a cursor pointing in the direction of travel . ?
A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

vghikers

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 12:21:47, 03/04/21 »
Does the Pixel phone enable you to see the route traking up and / or allow a cursor pointing in the direction of travel . ?

I've only just started with the MM Tracker app and still experimenting, I don't know all its features yet. For now I just loaded the .qct map and MMT showed my position on it as I went along, it also recorded the track successfully. I don't know about following pre-loaded routes or anything like that yet.

GnP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 12:37:12, 03/04/21 »
I've only just started with the MM Tracker app and still experimenting, I don't know all its features yet. For now I just loaded the .qct map and MMT showed my position on it as I went along, it also recorded the track successfully. I don't know about following pre-loaded routes or anything like that yet.
Sounds good .. I always have my phone with me but concerned I may break it . Another second hand one wouldnt break the bank ..
A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

snaderson

« Reply #7 on: 08:32:02, 06/04/21 »
Thanks for the trig point, vghikers :) I'm sure there was more vegetation round it when I visited some years ago.

vghikers

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 08:53:45, 06/04/21 »
I'm a sucker for trig points, even the oddball ones like this  :)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy