Author Topic: Lake District.........NE Area  (Read 2399 times)

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
Lake District.........NE Area
« on: 08:18:44, 22/10/07 »
21st October 2007

Lake District:   NE Area

A quick change of plan was needed this morning as last night I think I broke a toe. Not wanting to push it too far I decided on Gowbarrow Fell on the shores of Ullswater with a return walk down the popular Aira Force waterfalls. No Problems on the ascent but when we were coming down the toe was painfull.

Dist:    4.75 miles      Ascent:     1219 feet     Time:  3h 15m

Dave

http://www.wainwright-wanderings.co.uk/

girly

Re: Lake District.........NE Area
« Reply #1 on: 14:33:43, 22/10/07 »
Hi Dave, sounds fun. I walked up Aira Force once and interestingly I pretty near broke a toe too... coincidence or what?  :-[ Hope your toe mends soon! Love girly xx

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 15:48:00, 22/10/07 »
HI Dave..,not wanting to make your head swell,but theres no stopping you from walking is there,Between you & SumittZero, Walkinggirl & TitaniumDude i bet you've all walked the distance of the planet..,anyway hope your toe gets better pal.
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 17:01:07, 22/10/07 »
HI Dave..,not wanting to make your head swell,but theres no stopping you from walking is there,Between you & SumittZero, Walkinggirl & TitaniumDude i bet you've all walked the distance of the planet..,anyway hope your toe gets better pal.

I'm much too old for a swlling head mate, but a swelling toe .....well thats another thing. Still hoping to get out somewhere tomorrow though if it goes down a bit.

Dave

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 17:07:25, 22/10/07 »
Still hoping to get out somewhere tomorrow though if it goes down a bit.

Dave,

You really need to get yourself a hobby, mate, all this walking just isn't good for you  ;)

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 18:55:19, 22/10/07 »
Dave,

You really need to get yourself a hobby, mate, all this walking just isn't good for you  ;)

I know!!......I Know!!!......it's medication not dedication that I need

Dave

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 20:00:35, 22/10/07 »
I know you don't like to think of yourself as a good photographer, but listen to this ..

Today, during my lunch hour, I spend some time looking through your latest walk.  One of my colleagues (and also a portrait photographer), sees the pictures and - for some reason - thinks they're mine.  He says: "Mike, your pictures are just getting better and better, but you need to do more to them, you've got the eye for context and design, but taking the picture's only half the job."  I sat and listened as he lavished me (you by proxy) with praise, and it was only when he had finished that I told him they weren't my pics.  He was very impressed.  At one point there was four of us crowded around my monitor picking out our favorite pictures.

All good, eh?

O0

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 21:11:59, 22/10/07 »
I know you don't like to think of yourself as a good photographer, but listen to this ..

Today, during my lunch hour, I spend some time looking through your latest walk.  One of my colleagues (and also a portrait photographer), sees the pictures and - for some reason - thinks they're mine.  He says: "Mike, your pictures are just getting better and better, but you need to do more to them, you've got the eye for context and design, but taking the picture's only half the job."  I sat and listened as he lavished me (you by proxy) with praise, and it was only when he had finished that I told him they weren't my pics.  He was very impressed.  At one point there was four of us crowded around my monitor picking out our favorite pictures.

All good, eh?

O0

:-[  :-[   :-[  :-[  :-[

Dave

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 16:56:46, 23/10/07 »
:-[  :-[   :-[  :-[  :-[

Ha! Ha! Ha!  Sorry, pal, I've gone and embarrassed you!  ;D

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 20:20:45, 23/10/07 »
Ha! Ha! Ha!  Sorry, pal, I've gone and embarrassed you!  ;D

I may well be embarassed when you see todays walk.....It was a murky day up there today and very little views. I may just be saved with some reflections and waterfalls......should post later

Dave

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy