Author Topic: Hallo!  (Read 1274 times)

PatrickJ

Hallo!
« on: 20:21:03, 23/08/20 »
Evening Folks, I've just stumbled upon this forum (and I love a good forum) whilst doing some research on walking in England.

Over the past few weeks I've been rediscovering my love for walking.  Through recent years of totally neglecting my health I've become really quite obese.  I'm very concerned about the associated health risks and at 41 years I'm finding shedding the weight really hard.

I've never been the athletic type though I was quite into mountain biking in my 20's.  I've tried running a number of times but my body never really agreed with it and ankle, shin and knee problems were frequent occurrences.   So for years now I've done very little exercise.  However, I did love walking on Dartmoor as a kid.  I grew up in a small town on the national park and have very fond memories of going letter boxing with my father.

I had a pair of old walking boots in the house and decided to take them with me on our recent trip to Devon and Cornwall to try and get some exercise in - I managed to get out for some beautiful walks along the south west coastal path that have reignited my love of being out in nature and walking.

I'm hoping to get involved with some good conversations here about walking over the coming weeks and months as I pick up my activity levels, I'm looking forward to getting to know the community here.

PatrickJ

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
Re: Hallo!
« Reply #1 on: 20:39:33, 23/08/20 »
Welcome to the forum from the southern edge of the Lake District, Patrick.  :)
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 21:02:37, 23/08/20 »
Welcome to the nuthouse  ;D
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

windyrigg

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 16:10:43, 24/08/20 »
Greetings from Northumberland !