Author Topic: The Great Ridge and Kinder Scout Northern Edges  (Read 2935 times)

harry_keogh

I actually did this walk back in April last year. The photos have been sat on the computer ever since and I've just got around to writing it up. It's a long walk and makes a nice alternative to the more popular Edale Skyline. This post isn't quite as personal as my usual post due to it being so long ago - it's a bit more instructional. I think the only thing I really remember well was the fact I skipped breakfast then stupidly left all my food in the car. By the time I realised, it was too late in the walk to go back so I did the whole thing on an empty stomach!

Full route description: The Great Ridge and Kinder Scout North

Islandplodder

• Veteran Member
Re: The Great Ridge and Kinder Scout Northern Edges
« Reply #1 on: 07:10:23, 18/08/20 »
That looks a grand round, nice photos. You must have been a bit weak at the knees by the end, doing it without food!

MkPotato

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 13:24:47, 27/08/20 »
Blimey, I knew that route was doable in theory, but it’s a huge undertaking! It’s both a long distance and a lot of ascent.

Great report.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 21:30:35, 31/08/20 »
Thanks for posting!  I'd forgotten Mam Tor and chums was on my hit list and you've given me an idea for a linear route  O0

henryb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 20:17:19, 13/09/20 »
Great photos, I remember walking Mam tor earlier this year, these photos brought back fond memories O0  Kinder is on my to do list :)

harry_keogh

« Reply #5 on: 13:43:27, 22/09/20 »
Blimey, I knew that route was doable in theory, but it’s a huge undertaking! It’s both a long distance and a lot of ascent.

Great report.
It's a fair slog! I always like to feel half dead or in pain at the end of a walk though - otherwise I don't feel like I've done enough! Many will walk for pleasure but I do it as much for a hard workout to counter the many hours I spend on my [censored] behind a desk during the week. I have realised though that my site is somewhat lacking in short walks so I may start trying to add to that a bit more... Maybe I could do two short routes in a day instead of one big one.

GnP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 13:40:28, 20/10/20 »
I have just noticed this after looking for some info` on Ladybower reservoir and its surrounds . Indeed that is a long hard slog by the looks of it. Well done. Great photos.
A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy