Author Topic: Two Days In Keswick  (Read 5105 times)

Gilly

Two Days In Keswick
« on: 20:51:39, 09/08/11 »
Hi

Just spent two days in Keswick and did a couple of great walks.

Day one (used this as a warm up walk for the big one on day two) went to Mungrisdale and decided to climb the Tongue then along and down Bannerdale Crags.  Weather was brilliant on sunny, cloudy and only a little rain.  Found the climb up the Tongue quite wet and slippery (true to it's name  ;D ) and fairly steep.  The views when walking along Bannerdale Crags was superb and this is a great walk to fill a few hours.

More pictures here

http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/l589/gillian100/The%20Tongue%20and%20Bannerdale%20Crags/

Day two was the big one!  Keswick - Fitz Park - Jenkin Hill - Little Man - Sale How - Skiddaw House - Glenderaterra Beck - Whit Beck - Keswick - 14.5 miles and around 4200ft of ascent.  Weather held out until Jenkin Hill and then it chucked it down and we couldn't see a thing!  Some people turned back but we hedged our bets and carried on.  Turned sunny/cloudy just as we approached Skiddaw so we won our bet.  A great day out!

We can see at last!!

It's worth it

More pics of the walk here:

http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/l589/gillian100/Skiddaw/

I haven't given them all titles due to the website crashing every 30 seconds but feel free to ask about the pics - I will keep adding titles though!

In the mountains there are only two grades: You can either do it, or you can't.

Cheviot Stroller

• Veteran Member
Re: Two Days In Keswick
« Reply #1 on: 21:22:30, 09/08/11 »
Excellent Gilly - thank you  O0 O0
Work to live, live to walk

http://ramblingnana.blogspot.co.uk/

yeti

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 21:34:32, 09/08/11 »
Nice TR and photo's O0 .
Thanks for posting O0 .
R.I.P. Dave.

leagn

« Reply #3 on: 01:52:22, 10/08/11 »
did almost the same walk a year ago march, great pics
Larry

angry climber

• Account Closed
« Reply #4 on: 05:40:04, 10/08/11 »
Nice trip report and pics thanks for that
Never judge someone by the opinion of others find out for yourself.

Salhi

« Reply #5 on: 20:50:40, 10/08/11 »
Great pics!  Looks like you had an amazing couple of days!

Pearsy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 22:47:13, 10/08/11 »
Nice one.

Bannerdale Crags is my fave of all the N lakes fells. Its a cracker.

corky

« Reply #7 on: 23:10:06, 10/08/11 »
thanks for sharing Gill, Ive done this walk myself in similar conditions

amnesiacjimmy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 23:21:52, 10/08/11 »
Nice one Gilly  ;)    I use picasa for me TRs now as it is quicker to upload and i dont forget me password..  Did similar skidddaw walk last year its great isnt it! Bit long though eh!  Worth it tho...  O0
12 songs enjoy while posting and browsing on 'ere  :)   http://tinyurl.com/3rd9vey -

More stuff on Itunes:   http://tinyurl.com/3phvnla

Gilly

« Reply #9 on: 17:49:26, 11/08/11 »
Nice one Gilly  ;)    I use picasa for me TRs now as it is quicker to upload and i dont forget me password..  Did similar skidddaw walk last year its great isnt it! Bit long though eh!  Worth it tho...  O0

It is a long one but it's fantastic and the views are amazing - and I was as stiff as a board trying to get downstairs to breakfast the next morning, at least I gave everyone a laugh tho  ;D Might try picasa cos I'm not the most patient person in the world and things might get thrown around a bit if it keeps crashing!

dibble

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 19:25:28, 11/08/11 »
Lovely pictures Gilly, of a great walk.

Thank you for sharing.   O0
“A star falls from the sky and into your hands. Then it seeps through your veins and swims inside your blood and becomes every part of you." JN.Harris

Catbells

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 19:29:04, 11/08/11 »
Lovely pics and trip report.  I'll there soon  :)
Catbells, a truly lovely walk

dave-harris

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 21:08:49, 11/08/11 »
Great TR. The Skiddaw walk is one i have planned when i am up there later in the month, following your exact route. Only i had planned to start and finish at the car park at the base of Skiddaw. But this has given me a bigger wish to do it. The route down from Skiddaw House looks good  O0
I walk to live

Gilly

« Reply #13 on: 22:06:05, 11/08/11 »
Great TR. The Skiddaw walk is one i have planned when i am up there later in the month, following your exact route. Only i had planned to start and finish at the car park at the base of Skiddaw. But this has given me a bigger wish to do it. The route down from Skiddaw House looks good  O0

Hope you get good weather when you go.  I can't speak highly enough of this route, it's such a great day out and the descent doesn't kill your knees which is a bonus!  The scenery is amazing - and the views just open out as you walk away from Skiddaw House - Fabulous  :smitten:

Sabredragon

« Reply #14 on: 15:46:32, 21/08/11 »
We fell in love with Keswick when we went there in April for our 1st taste of walking in the area...
Though this year we stayed well clear of Skiddaw but next year its getting a visite from us....

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy