Author Topic: Walk no 6 of my fellwalking last friday- Langdales-Jacks rake-Pavey ark+3  (Read 3336 times)

havenchris

Yeh already had my advice a while back  ;)

Arenig

• Veteran Member
Hi craghopper, first of all I’d like to congratulate you on completing this scramble up Jacks rake for the first time. Graded as 1, it would suggest that this scramble could be scaled by any confident hill walker, I did it myself for the first time last year and found it quite a challenge in places and I have done loads of scrambling in North Wales. There are one or two tricky manoeuvres to negotiate on the Rake, especially near to top and there’s also quite a bit of exposure too, which in itself is a challenge, especially for those that suffer from the "big drops syndrome". I see you had a partner with you for the day, IMO that is always a wise choice whenever there is any scrambling involved along your route. Thanks for going to all the trouble of posting your trip report/pictures, I'm sure sharing your experiences with the forum will be of great value to many that haven't taken this scramble on yet.   
"YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE"

W.A.S.H.I.S. completer www.walkeryri.org.uk

Welsh Nuttalls completer www.nuttalls.com/mountains/wales

andybeck

Nice one, great sequence of photos. O0

craghopper

• Veteran Member
Hi craghopper, first of all I’d like to congratulate you on completing this scramble up Jacks rake for the first time. Graded as 1, it would suggest that this scramble could be scaled by any confident hill walker, I did it myself for the first time last year and found it quite a challenge in places and I have done loads of scrambling in North Wales. There are one or two tricky manoeuvres to negotiate on the Rake, especially near to top and there’s also quite a bit of exposure too, which in itself is a challenge, especially for those that suffer from the "big drops syndrome". I see you had a partner with you for the day, IMO that is always a wise choice whenever there is any scrambling involved along your route. Thanks for going to all the trouble of posting your trip report/pictures, I'm sure sharing your experiences with the forum will be of great value to many that haven't taken this scramble on yet. 
Hi Arenig,thanks for the congrats,there's some decent clips of jacks rake on u tube for those considering it,i watched these first and felt confident enough but i did have a palpitation or two,i'd say 97% of the climb many people would be fine with but as you say the exposed areas as well make you think. O0
40/214

craghopper

• Veteran Member
Nice one, great sequence of photos. O0
thanks andy,always looking for the interesting shot.
40/214

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy