Author Topic: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?  (Read 276466 times)

ninthace

• Veteran Member
Re: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?
« Reply #1440 on: 23:09:57, 05/11/20 »
You could see my house from up there then Buzy, given a decent spyglass.
Solvitur Ambulando

Dodgylegs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1441 on: 23:30:08, 05/11/20 »
Went out for local exercise, dressed for the winter weather, the temperature rose to 18C! Bright, beautiful, sunny, calm... more like a summers day! Walked further than I thought legs would carry me, as I enjoyed the crack of a fellow walker I met and walked with them - distance apart! Off came the fleece and coat, sweltering! suffering!
« Last Edit: 23:42:31, 05/11/20 by Dodgylegs »

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1442 on: 23:59:35, 05/11/20 »
Went out for local exercise, dressed for the winter weather, the temperature rose to 18C! Bright, beautiful, sunny, calm... more like a summers day! Walked further than I thought legs would carry me, as I enjoyed the crack of a fellow walker I met and walked with them - distance apart! Off came the fleece and coat, sweltering! suffering!

I made a similar mistake today.  I put my winter trousers on for the first time this year.  Ended up in my base layer top with my legs sweating and that was climbing Yes tor at MrsG's pace. ;D

PS... Don't any one tell her I said that.  ;)

strawy

« Reply #1443 on: 01:34:25, 06/11/20 »
Thats a cracking picture strawy.   O0
Thanks,it was a great day out,get well soon  O0

WhitstableDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1444 on: 16:26:00, 09/11/20 »
A 19 mile circular walk for exercise and mileage from home this morning, beginning with 4 miles off-road to Rough Common (near Canterbury) followed by 15 miles of pleasant lanes between villages, including Chartham Hatch, Dunkirk, Boughton-under-Blean, Staplestreet, Slutshole, Hernhill, Fostal, Highstreet, Yorkletts and Clapham Hill.
Walk, Jog, Run : our YouTube video channel.

WhitstableDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1445 on: 15:03:03, 12/11/20 »
Looking at my walks map, I noticed that I hadn't yet explored a newish housing estate at Hillborough, about 7.5 miles to the east between Herne Bay and Reculver. So this morning I did a circular walk from home - along the coast to Hillborough, followed by a mile-or-so around the estate, returning inland along quiet country roads. 16.1 miles in all and a few new lines on the map.  :)
Walk, Jog, Run : our YouTube video channel.

Warbler

« Reply #1446 on: 15:03:58, 17/11/20 »
I drove out to the New Forest today for my first "not from the front door" walk for about 3 weeks.

A 7 mile loop around Acres Down a little west of Lyndhurst. Lovely walk it was too. Still plenty of bright autumnal colours evident.

GnP

• Veteran Member
Walked DURING the week?
« Reply #1447 on: 16:29:41, 17/11/20 »
I did a 11 mile walk within a few mile of my home in Worcestershire . It was wonderful as the sun shone mostly even though it was boggy underfoot. It was gaiter weather for sure .

I walked some paths I have never been along before and attribute my walking all these new (for me) pathways because of my trusty gps.. which gives me a much greater sense of freedom along with the confidence to find stiles and paths often hidden from sight . 

Kudos for GPS technology.  O0 
A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1448 on: 16:51:10, 17/11/20 »
Banging my head on the clouds today but still managed a local walk to stretch my leg a bit more.  Only 36 miles left to my personal target for the year.
Solvitur Ambulando

Slowcoach

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1449 on: 17:53:31, 17/11/20 »
Intending to do an 11.5 mile walk from Cerne Abbas on Friday as the weather looks promising. It’s my first walk since I got back from a week in the Peak District a fortnight ago. Looking forward to it.
It's all uphill from here.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1450 on: 18:14:35, 27/11/20 »
Had an extended lunch break today and did a lovely couple of miles in the cold, frosty, crisp sunshine.  I saw great tits, blue tits, long tailed tits, wrens, magpies, seagulls, blackbirds, pigeons, squirrels and a cat on a lead being taken for a walk  :)

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1451 on: 18:55:29, 27/11/20 »
Good job the cat was on a lead with all those birds about :)

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1452 on: 22:35:25, 27/11/20 »
Lovely sun set walk with MrG on Thursday. We sat at Tregarick tor, for a perfect view of the weather front drifting across an otherwise clear Blue sky, as the sun set before us over Sibleyback reservoir. O0

Wisely MrsG went to the garden centre this afternoon, whilst I took the few hours of available light after work, to jog, via Tavy Cleave to Fur Tor and back.  Lovely and cool in the mist, which meant I only needed 1/2 a litre of drink.  Even kept my feet dry crossing at sandy ford. :)

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1453 on: 22:40:18, 27/11/20 »
Wonderful pictures there Buzyg, what a sunset O0

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1454 on: 08:24:04, 28/11/20 »
Wonderful pictures there Buzyg, what a sunset O0

It certainly was :)

My WhatsApp was on fire and the Plymouth ramblers fb page were full of amazing photos. I was on the cliffs at Otterton point so it stretched across a wide area of the south west. Just fabulous.                   
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy