Author Topic: Can you try on boots in Decathlon  (Read 854 times)

wbmkk

Can you try on boots in Decathlon
« on: 17:45:17, 02/11/20 »
I was going to travel to my local Decathlon (about 15 miles away) to get a pair of boots, but then suddenly thought maybe you are not able to try on boots now.

Ok, I could try them on i the car, then no doubt bring them back if they aren't right, but that's a lot of faff, especially taking into effect the distance to the shop

Maybe just easier to order online, then buy a couple of sizes, try them on then return the ones that don't fit.

fernman

• Veteran Member
Re: Can you try on boots in Decathlon
« Reply #1 on: 17:56:56, 02/11/20 »
Haven't been in Decathlon for a while (nearest one is a 30-40 minutes Tube ride away) but what I recall is everything stacked on the shelves - including footwear - and nobody taking any notice. I can't imagine it will have changed.
But hurry, you've only got till Thursday. My local shops were really busy with people panic buying this morning, on what is usually a quiet Monday.

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 18:20:29, 02/11/20 »
I was in localish Decathlon back in July and they were asking people not to try on boots. 

wbmkk

« Reply #3 on: 18:49:49, 02/11/20 »
I was in localish Decathlon back in July and they were asking people not to try on boots.
In Sainsbury's it's the same .. but seems a bit pointless . you could try on in the car, or even in a toilet cubicle.

Maybe all returned shoes are stored somewhere else. people trying on in the shops will be putting them back all over the show.

shortwalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 19:06:07, 02/11/20 »
I brought my boots (and shoes) from our local cobbler. Talking to him, the advice from his trade body is that if someone tries on a boot/shoe then they should be put "in the back" for 72 hours. 
Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic.

Van Morrison

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 19:38:17, 02/11/20 »
You can try anything on in Decathlon. I was there the other day and two young children were peddling bikes all over the top floor.

Don't forget to take your walking socks with you and if you use them don't forget to take your boot inserts as well.

I'm going there tomorrow, I fancy a beanie and I'm thinking about buying another pair of their cheap hiking trousers. I love em because they fit me like a glove. They have gone up in price, I bought my last two at £7.99 a pair, they are now £12.99.

Davidedgarjones

« Reply #6 on: 17:18:21, 03/11/20 »
I got some lightweight boots from Decathlon in the summer and had no problems with trying them on. I also bought a rucksack and took it out to the car put my kit in it and tried it out. If it had not been ok I would have gone straight back and got a refund.

I think Decathlon walking gear is very good value - the Aldi of the great outdoors.

Dave

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy