Author Topic: The most boring TR ever  (Read 898 times)

Mel

• Veteran Member
The most boring TR ever
« on: 13:32:04, 30/10/20 »

Now its dark when I leave work / get home, I decided to “treat” myself to a walk at lunchtime.  I needed some milk and yogurts.  What better reason eh?  It looked a bit iffy outside so I put my old boil in the bag waterproof jacket on which has been retired to the boot of my car for if it’s raining when I have to walk the one way system at work.

I could hardly contain my excitement at the prospect of a brisk walk to the shops  ::)  I couldn’t wait to inhale all the exhaust fumes and listen to the roar of the traffic, not to mention playing reverse dodgems in the shop itself.

As is always the case, my gps doesn’t pick up my location when I’m sat in the office so it finally found me as I got outside.  Because of our one way system, I’m slightly miffed at this as it must be at least a quarter of a mile and 4 flights of stairs in ascent/descent that doesn’t get accounted for  >:(

I got off site and headed up what I call Hessle High Road.  It might actually be called that to be honest  ???

And then it started raining.  Ohhhh no.  Not just ordinary rain.  This was a right proper “heads down” deluge.  And it was blowing right in my face.  Soon the water was running off my jacket and onto my legs.  And we just won’t mention how my feet were feeling in my mesh-topped trainers (which I’d changed into).

Across the roundabout and turned off near First Lane to limbo-dance under the “no cars allowed” barrier.  Across the, ahem, river where I exchanged “what kind of idiots are we” pleasantries with a lady walking her dog.

Naturally, as soon as I reached the shop, the rain stopped and I dripped my way round the isles, my soggy fringe dripping water onto my facemask.  Knowing my luck, my root touch up spray had been rained off my hair, creating an Alice Cooper look down my face too.  At least it’s nearly Halloween and I could pretend I was in fancy dress, I suppose  :D

Milk, yogurts and Country Walking mag purchased, I set off back to work.  It’s quite nice outside now the damage has been done and you just cannot imagine how thrilled I was at the prospect of sitting at my desk with soggy trousers and feet  :-X

Now, normally, I take a tonne of pics on my walks but rain stopped play on that.  I took only one:

It's not blurry, honest, the lens has steamed up on my phone!

I hope this gives the impression of a really lovely walk.

Thanks for reading  :-\

pleb

• Veteran Member
Re: The most boring TR ever
« Reply #1 on: 13:39:29, 30/10/20 »
Yoghurt? Didn't know that had reached Hull yet ;D
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 13:52:58, 30/10/20 »
Thought you were used to wet feet?  ;D

Think the picture would be best in the My Best Picture of the Day thread. 

Hope you get some better luck this weekend  O0 , though it's looking grim over here - considering an urban canal trip into the centre of Liverpool.

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 19:38:56, 30/10/20 »
 ;D

You're bonkers Mel, lovely but bonkers.

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 19:55:42, 30/10/20 »
Thanks for the TR, Mel. I once worked in a large engineering premises right on the edge of the green belt, when I used to nip out in my lunch break and walk around the adjacent field margins.

But what's this quarter of a mile one way system you have to follow?

Islandplodder

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 21:18:12, 30/10/20 »
An excellent TR.  Made me smile on a dark night!

Slowcoach

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 21:37:40, 30/10/20 »
The TR has inspired me to go for a stroll tomorrow.
It's all uphill from here.

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 21:37:56, 30/10/20 »
Quite an adventure Mel!   :)    Enjoyed reading it    :)

rural roamer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 22:28:48, 30/10/20 »
The title of your TR weirdly made me want to read it!  :D  Made me chuckle. Still must be better than staying in the office all day though.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 23:13:21, 31/10/20 »
Yoghurt? Didn't know that had reached Hull yet ;D

Maybe it hasn't.  The shop I went to was in East Yorkshire  ;)

Thought you were used to wet feet?  ;D 

Think the picture would be best in the My Best Picture of the Day thread. 

Hope you get some better luck this weekend  O0 , though it's looking grim over here - considering an urban canal trip into the centre of Liverpool.

;D

I thought it best not to show up all the other wonderful pics in the BPotD thread with my far superior photography skills  ::)

..and after tonight's announcement I'll be doing a walk tomorrow, whatever the weather, plus booking Wednesday off on annual leave for a final mega-out-of-county walk to see me through the next month  O0

;D 

You're bonkers Mel, lovely but bonkers.

Why, thank you kind sir  :D

Thanks for the TR, Mel. I once worked in a large engineering premises right on the edge of the green belt, when I used to nip out in my lunch break and walk around the adjacent field margins.

But what's this quarter of a mile one way system you have to follow?

This quarter of a mile is our building's "covid secure" one way system.  I work on the top floor so, if I want to go outside I've got to go round the one way system and down some stairs to get outside.  If I want to get back in I've got to go in through our reception area at the opposite side/end of the building, then I've got to go up some other stairs, round the one way system and back to my office.  What fun!

An excellent TR.  Made me smile on a dark night!

Cheers Islandplodder.  A smile is always good  :)

The TR has inspired me to go for a stroll tomorrow.

I hope there's a trip report  O0

Quite an adventure Mel!   :)    Enjoyed reading it    :)

Cheers Dovegirl.  Yeah, they can keep their mountains  :-X

The title of your TR weirdly made me want to read it!  :D  Made me chuckle. Still must be better than staying in the office all day though.

Definitely better than staying in all day, especially now the dark, drabness is here  :)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy