Author Topic: When Will Non-Local Walks Be Allowed Again?  (Read 6415 times)

Jonathan1990

When Will Non-Local Walks Be Allowed Again?
« on: 18:00:38, 05/02/21 »
For 2021 I created a new YouTube channel on walking but it's not been the best of times to start.  I'm currently only limited to filming local walks to Scarborough.  Wonder if anyone knows when these restrictions will be lifted.

Ridge

• Veteran Member
Re: When Will Non-Local Walks Be Allowed Again?
« Reply #1 on: 18:03:19, 05/02/21 »
Absolutely no one knows.

While I love walking there are a number of restrictions which I think, hope and imagine will be lifted first.

rural roamer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 18:03:43, 05/02/21 »
I doubt if Boris is a member of this forum  :D

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 19:26:03, 05/02/21 »
I doubt if Boris is a member of this forum
:2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:
Too little, too late, too bad......

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 19:38:42, 05/02/21 »
Good question  :-\
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 20:06:34, 05/02/21 »
Covid 19 appears to be running to its own timetable.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Slowcoach

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 22:01:05, 05/02/21 »
I doubt if Boris is a member of this forum  :D
He may be on here under a cover name... perhaps frequently reports to moderator.
It's all uphill from here.

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 13:13:19, 06/02/21 »
I'm enjoying the pastime of following the trails of others, who do not step off the righteous way, estimating the footfall and their confidence to stray into 'Private Land uchhk',  :P sorry referring to it makes me choke.

Now I do not condone the carrying and use of wire cutters, but a recent foray along someones trail led me to a boundary fence with a top barbed wire fence cut and bent back enough for climbing over and the pig netting below had a square cut out to allow a dog through. I photographed for my collection of 'Rural Pursuit's images'. And before the 'Landowner Appeasement Force' on this forum shout vandals. I did wonder if the Estate Game Keeper may have done the damage, to ease the way through for some of his overweight city gunnies and their beaters. It is a boundary line after all. 50 yards down the same hedgline, a new privacy notice sparkled in the sunlight. Facing out into the field owned by the son of a scrap metal dealer (nice chap, looks after his tenants), who had made a fortune out of ex. WD dealings, the double barrelled named Estate owner (thick as 5 shortplanks and ex magistrate), who married the previous owner's only daughter, whist he was an apprentice at Rolls Royce, is adept at bedecking the countryside with proof of his status.
« Last Edit: 13:22:06, 06/02/21 by barewirewalker »
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 13:36:32, 06/02/21 »
... Wonder if anyone knows when these restrictions will be lifted.

I have just stuck a pin in a calendar and come up with 18th May 2021  :-\

andybr

« Reply #9 on: 13:38:07, 06/02/21 »
For 2021 I created a new YouTube channel on walking but it's not been the best of times to start.  I'm currently only limited to filming local walks to Scarborough.  Wonder if anyone knows when these restrictions will be lifted.

Out of interest what is your channel called? As a Scarborough walker myself I would like to take a look.

MkPotato

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 13:47:12, 06/02/21 »
My issue is that I’m sure it safe to say that the chances of infecting/getting infected whilst on a walk in the mountains are pretty low - people who don’t comply with this particularly lockdown measure arent the problem.

The virus is spreading because people are meeting up inside, and not wearing masks etc.

I can’t help feeling a bit annoyed about it. Tighter restrictions aren’t the solution; better compliance with the current restrictions are.

rural roamer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 14:49:09, 06/02/21 »

I have just stuck a pin in a calendar and come up with 18th May 2021  :-\
Can you try again Mel? Aim for a bit earlier  ;D

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 14:56:57, 06/02/21 »
MKPotato trouble is if they relax the rules as you would like, then the hordes will descend. We've all seen the photos from August. The Government may recognise that the many need protection from the few mindless idiots. In our street three families have been asked to quarantine over the last couple of months  found out about two of them due to their anger at being told not to go outside and boasting to all and sundry to prove how harmless they were by doing so! Our rural area has one of the fastest rising trends for infection, but to some its a big joke.
The third family I found out about only after their quarantine had ended when they were out walking  their dog which had been no further than their backyard for 14 days.I now wear rubber gloves when I'm out and about for handling the kissing gates and stiles.
Too little, too late, too bad......

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 15:13:40, 06/02/21 »
Can you try again Mel? Aim for a bit earlier  ;D

:D   ;D   

We could have a sweepstake.  The person with the nearest date winning …ummm ….the smug satisfaction that they were (nearly?) right  :crazy2:

MkPotato

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 15:28:27, 06/02/21 »
MKPotato trouble is if they relax the rules as you would like, then the hordes will descend. We've all seen the photos from August. The Government may recognise that the many need protection from the few mindless idiots. In our street three families have been asked to quarantine over the last couple of months  found out about two of them due to their anger at being told not to go outside and boasting to all and sundry to prove how harmless they were by doing so! Our rural area has one of the fastest rising trends for infection, but to some its a big joke.
The third family I found out about only after their quarantine had ended when they were out walking  their dog which had been no further than their backyard for 14 days.I now wear rubber gloves when I'm out and about for handling the kissing gates and stiles.

Unfortunately, you’re right, at least in the honeypot locations. People get carried away. 

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy