Author Topic: Completing the Wainwrights  (Read 20830 times)

Sharpedgehatter

Re: Completing the Wainwrights
« Reply #90 on: 12:20:54, 02/10/11 »
These comments about a feeling of emptiness are interesting to me also. I only decided to do all the 214 when I discovered that I had done approximately 80 of them. Since then I have become somewhat obsessive and I plan routes with no other thought but to bag Wainwrights - this can lead to odd days out. I confess that I am looking forward to going back to enjoying the district for its own charms. For me there will be lots of challenges ahead - Priest's Hole, Jack's Rake, Blencathra via Halls Fell etc.

dibble

• Veteran Member
« Reply #91 on: 13:13:41, 02/10/11 »
I've absolutely loved reading all this John, thank you for your most
marvellous sharing and many congratulations to Kate.

What a wonderful achievement!   O0
“A star falls from the sky and into your hands. Then it seeps through your veins and swims inside your blood and becomes every part of you." JN.Harris

mick

• Veteran Member
« Reply #92 on: 16:23:46, 02/10/11 »
 Hello John,
Let me start by saying congratulations to Kate a tremendous achievement well done O0 , and thank you for taking the time and effort to post about it, I simply love the way you have written this last chapter on Kate’s “Wainwright bagging “up……………… giving people like me the chance to share in your days out into the hill s .i have eagerly followed each trip and post, fantastic that’s all I can say about it.
 loved the last picture and comment and speaking for myself I am feeling a bit sad that’s it’s all over. What’s next?
 I just hope that you both had  a very  good 25 years from starting to completing them, and that the next 25 years are just as good  O0 O0 ……………….Thank you again…………………….Mick   

Eric the Read

« Reply #93 on: 14:45:10, 04/10/11 »
Posts like this one are what makes this forum so good. All the forums have trip reports, but this was just a little bit more. There was a sense and purpose to it that offered extra interest.
The oxygen is free! The rest is up to you.

http://www.lakeland-walking-breaks.co.uk

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy