Author Topic: Scafell Pike - best route to the top?  (Read 41427 times)

wizard of mountains

Re: Scafell Pike - best route to the top?
« Reply #30 on: 19:01:24, 18/06/11 »

and for a truly long day and on allan crags and glaramara and finish in rosthwaite

meant to say add on allan crags
the best is yet to come

wizard o hillocks

« Reply #31 on: 00:22:04, 02/07/11 »

great route  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

Peak Lad

« Reply #32 on: 00:31:31, 02/07/11 »
Toast   ::)
Walking the Peak District, and loving it.

dibble

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: 08:50:38, 02/07/11 »
A first way to the top could be from Wasdale via Brown Tongue and
then an alternative descent could be via Lingmell.

The advantage of the Brown Tongue route from Wasdale is  that the route is one of the short-ish ascents of Scafell Pike, and even if the route can be a little tedious underfoot, there is still the views of the excellent rock scenery of Scafell and Scafell Pike which are awe-inspiring.

I think it is an awesome place to be, and have some wonderful memories of the feelings of the rock scenery visible from there.

I have yet to complete the climb from Eskdale, which I suspect would be a long day out.
“A star falls from the sky and into your hands. Then it seeps through your veins and swims inside your blood and becomes every part of you." JN.Harris

Glyno

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: 09:21:11, 02/07/11 »

...it's Allen Crags, btw  ;)
« Last Edit: 09:41:50, 02/07/11 by Glyno »

dibble

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: 12:15:45, 02/07/11 »
...it's Allen Crags, btw  ;)

It is, and it is a lovely one.  A place to sit and enjoy.   O0
“A star falls from the sky and into your hands. Then it seeps through your veins and swims inside your blood and becomes every part of you." JN.Harris

wildCAMPER

« Reply #36 on: 13:24:46, 03/11/20 »
I know it's an old thread - but this is my favourite way up - from Seathwaite via The Corridor Route. It's 8.4 miles - but very varied and not a slog straight up like form Wasdale. I've created this blog post on my best Scafell Pike Walking route if your interested https://www.hikingphotographer.uk/2020/10/Scafell-Pike-best-walk-corridor-route-from-seathwaite.html

I've posted these pics on another thread - but might be useful here too!

Styhead Tarn!

Hoping we didn't need this!

Looking across the Corridor Route:

Looking towards Piers Gill - maybe another time!

Nearly at the summit off Scafell Pike!

View from the top of England!

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: 14:25:53, 03/11/20 »
Cracking pictures - favourite is the one of Piers Gill with Lingmell.  Getting all nostalgic.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: 14:42:51, 03/11/20 »
Perhaps a few missed opportunities on the way up and down though?
Here is one I prepared earlier
https://osmaps.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/route/1914610/130607-Scafell-Pike-by-Corridor-Route
Solvitur Ambulando

wildCAMPER

« Reply #39 on: 16:16:39, 03/11/20 »
Perhaps a few missed opportunities on the way up and down though?
Here is one I prepared earlier
https://osmaps.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/route/1914610/130607-Scafell-Pike-by-Corridor-Route

Nice extended route! Did you do that in 5 hours 22mins? Impressive if so - I think our shorter route was done in 6 hours with quite a few stops and my legs where done after that

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: 16:35:25, 03/11/20 »

Nice extended route! Did you do that in 5 hours 22mins? Impressive if so - I think our shorter route was done in 6 hours with quite a few stops and my legs where done after that
No 5hrs 22min is what the OS reckons with the settings if have put into the app at present which are for flatter walking. My gps log says I started at 0713 and finished at 1343.  It was too good a walk good to  rush.
Solvitur Ambulando

wildCAMPER

Re: Scafell Pike walk - best route to the top?
« Reply #41 on: 16:59:56, 14/06/22 »
I know this is an old thread on the Scafell Pike walk - but thought I would share some updates on the blog post that i done on the Corridor Route walk incase other people stumble across this Scafell Pike thread and want some info!

Firstly I have now plotted the interactive map for this Scafell Pike walk on OS maps - which you can view here https://explore.osmaps.com/route/11163568/scafell-pike-from-seathwaite-via-the-corridor-route--the-hiking-photographer?zoom=7.0000&overlays=&style=Standard&type=2d&lat=51.776100&lon=-1.894300

My dedicated blog post on all you need to know plan this Scafell Pike walk via the Corridor Route can be found on this link https://www.hikingphotographer.uk/2020/10/Scafell-Pike-best-walk-corridor-route-from-seathwaite.html

Below - The summit of Scafell Pike - just in case you wondered what was up there!  

Kitwaller

« Reply #42 on: 22:34:16, 07/08/22 »
Just walked the corridor route this weekend and highly recommended it. It’s a longish walk with lots of variety and possible with just a little scrambling experience.

wildCAMPER

« Reply #43 on: 11:13:12, 08/08/22 »
Glad you enjoyed it @Kitwaller - teh corridor route is superb way to tackle Scafell Pike isn't it

Kitwaller

« Reply #44 on: 11:45:20, 08/08/22 »
I couldn’t agree more wildCamper. I’ve done the tourist route and from Great Langdale but I like the corridor the best.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy