Author Topic: The Cateran Trail  (Read 4807 times)

caroline_n_b

The Cateran Trail
« on: 20:37:54, 08/10/06 »
Hi All, I've just returned from completing the Cateran Trail in perthshire.  It's a brilliant 64 mile circular walk which we did over 5 days.

We camped for the first few nights but after a rainy 3rd day of walking were rescued by a lovely couple in the bar of the full hotel we were hoping to stay in.  Much to our frustration we discovered that they owned a B&B and were kind enough to offer a service where they would drop us off and collect us from the various stages of the walk and we took full advantage of it for the last couple of days. 

I had real trouble trying to find places to stay and ways of getting to the beginning of the stages of the walk from the campsites so if anyone is planning to go drop me a line and I'll let you know some of the places we stayed.  The last B&B has it's own website www.glenisla-westfreuchies.co.uk [nofollow] if you're planning a trip to the area you should definately check it out.  The hospitality could not have been better and coupled with the great food it really made our trip!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy