Author Topic: Where will yours be?  (Read 7407 times)

ninthace

• Veteran Member
Re: Where will yours be?
« Reply #75 on: 19:20:17, 04/04/21 »
I'm holding off Dartmoor until weekdays after the xchools have gone back and the pubs are open.  We will probably tie it in with a Click and Collect at the Okehampton Waitrose.  Three birds, one stone!
Solvitur Ambulando

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #76 on: 21:35:20, 04/04/21 »
I'm holding off Dartmoor until weekdays after the xchools have gone back and the pubs are open.  We will probably tie it in with a Click and Collect at the Okehampton Waitrose.  Three birds, one stone!

There a lot more moor that people up there. Even on ten tors weekend you can walk and see next to know one. If you choose your area right. 

Nice to do as you do though and explore those in between areas.  I have been doing that across Bodmin moor for several years and still have a number to reach. Some are hidden gems. Others you think why did I bother. Of course if you don't bother, then you never find those hidden gems.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #77 on: 22:36:49, 04/04/21 »
There a lot more moor that people up there. .....................................
That is so true, trouble is parking where I want and geting stuck behind a grockle's car when the world and his wife are up there.  Weekdays are an option for me, fewer people, fewer cars, more room at the bar, win/win/win!
Solvitur Ambulando

MkPotato

• Veteran Member
« Reply #78 on: 19:35:42, 05/04/21 »
Despite it being a Bank Hol, Castleton was relatively quiet. Very cold winds probably kept some away. Glad I got out, as the next few days are likely to be a bit poor. I’m hoping for a good spell of weather after the 12th, as I’ve really been missing Snowdonia.

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #79 on: 09:45:46, 06/04/21 »
Dartmoor on Easter Sunday in the glorious sunshine was not busy at all, as BuzyG mentioned.

And how good after warm 10 miles is a Willy's coffee ice cream in a chocolate waffle cone with flake and clotted cream on top  :smitten:
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Little Foot

« Reply #80 on: 19:08:52, 07/04/21 »
Despite it being a Bank Hol, Castleton was relatively quiet. Very cold winds probably kept some away. Glad I got out, as the next few days are likely to be a bit poor. I’m hoping for a good spell of weather after the 12th, as I’ve really been missing Snowdonia.

Lovely pics there. What camera did you use please?

MkPotato

• Veteran Member
« Reply #81 on: 19:51:45, 07/04/21 »

Lovely pics there. What camera did you use please?
Thanks. It’s my iPhone 12, but to be fair, my previous iPhone X took pretty much as nice pics. The software is very clever, so whilst zooming in might show the flaws, the overall images “pop”.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy