Author Topic: How to post photos  (Read 3236 times)

darksky

• Veteran Member
How to post photos
« on: 19:33:51, 07/10/07 »
Can anyone shed any light on this as the closest ive got is having them up on screen in thumbnail setting just showing me what pix ive got but i cant get to post them on this site, HELP, PLEASE.
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

summitzero

• Veteran Member
Re: How to post photos
« Reply #1 on: 19:35:51, 07/10/07 »
I think Mr B and W/G have got it sussed out D/S  :-\
Are we there yet ?   http://walkingforlife.piczo.com

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 20:32:58, 07/10/07 »
 O0 ok SZ i'll leave em a message.
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 16:40:43, 08/10/07 »
I think Mr B and W/G have got it sussed out D/S  :-\

Did someone call my name!  8)

I was just going to PM Darksky with this, but thought that it might be useful for everyone to read, as in my humble opinion not enough people post pics.

The first thing you need to do is shrink your pictures, as the general digital image is too big to upload onto most sites.  For this you need software to do it.  I generally use Adobe Photoshop.  The maximum file size for this forum is 120kb, and you can post up to 10 pics per message.

When you've finished with your message, report, write up, whatever .. click on the "Browse" button next to where it says attatch and find the folder where you've saved your images, click on the image and it's now included with your post, to add more images simply click on "more attachments" and keep adding.

It's a doddle  ;)

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 17:34:15, 08/10/07 »
I had this problem as well, my way a round this was to download photobucket it dose take that bit longer was you download your picture use the IMG code just click the mouse on the left.  If its still too big than resize your picture by the fallowing.    Again click the edit at the top of your picture you what to put up than click the fallowing message board and it should work.

peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

Dazza

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 22:28:35, 08/10/07 »
Photobucket is good (yes I;m back walking reports coming)

Biut sometimes you can get canned.

So I just resize em and correct them.

Like this one....
Dazza
--------
These boots were made for walking so that's just what I'll do. After I've re-proofed them of course...

Deerplay

« Reply #6 on: 00:00:01, 09/10/07 »
I just used PIXresizer which is freeware and straightforward to use. Found it on CNET Downloads. Seems to do the job well and you can do groups of photos all together.
Will this wind be so mighty as to lay low the mountains of the Earth?

Feriol

« Reply #7 on: 10:26:13, 09/10/07 »
TEST

sun dogs fire on the horizon
meteor rain stars across the night
this moment may be brief
but it can be so bright
(Rush - Chain Lightning)

Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 11:44:55, 09/10/07 »
Just a word of warning here. The space on the server is limited to how much can be uploaded without upgrading the hosting package. Ok for now but sooner or later it will run out.

A better solution is the method used by kidstypike and others of using www.tinypic.com or www.photobucket.com where you upload it there and copy the IMG code and paste it into your post. Unlike here, these sites have no limit on the size of pic that can be uploaded and will automatically resize your picture so you don't have to resize it yourself.

Might be a good idea to start using that method now rather than later.
« Last Edit: 11:51:05, 09/10/07 by Chris »

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 18:04:44, 09/10/07 »
Ok, I'll give it a try .. this using Photobucket:

Heh heh, look at us playing with our pictures.  ;D

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 18:07:13, 09/10/07 »
Seems a bit big to me  :o

Feriol .. er, no hint intended, but I rather like the size of yours.  Did you use something like Photobucket to post on here?  ;)

Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 18:38:43, 09/10/07 »
With photobucket you can change the default size that it resizes to. Change the options on the upload page. Try message board size ( 640 x 480 ).

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 19:02:33, 09/10/07 »
I use photobucket which is the size of the picture above, and I down size this to the message board option.

I think your picture OK Mr B but the size of Feriol seem like the right size for the forum as I think my tend to over size it.
« Last Edit: 19:05:37, 09/10/07 by walkinggirluk »
peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

Feriol

« Reply #13 on: 23:57:47, 09/10/07 »
Seems a bit big to me  :o

Feriol .. er, no hint intended, but I rather like the size of yours.  Did you use something like Photobucket to post on here?  ;)

It often gets in the way of my camera. ;)

I Resized the images in my photo editing program (to 640 X 480), before attaching them. Given Chris' message though i will have to get familiar with Photobucket.
sun dogs fire on the horizon
meteor rain stars across the night
this moment may be brief
but it can be so bright
(Rush - Chain Lightning)

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 16:30:32, 10/10/07 »
 :-\ right im gonna try it again.., im doing everything you lot have said but its still not happening..,my pix aint that special,but i still wanna post some of em.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy