Author Topic: G’day  (Read 1176 times)

Chidge

G’day
« on: 21:15:11, 27/09/20 »
Hi - I’ve just joined this forum as looking for a bit of advice - I’ve been to the lakes at least once a year for each of my 52 years, for the last 20 years it’s been with my family so more Lake side walks than the bigger climbs - typically  we normally stay on the camp site in braithwaite in summer and I’d run up barrow each morning and then walk as a family .....anyway I’m planning on travelling up for the day on Friday with a friend and with an early start  was thinking of either skiddaw or grisedale pike with option of  some of the coledale ring.....fitness shouldn’t be an issue but any views on options or issues I should be aware  of eg re weather, lack of recent familiarity  (my map reading etc is pretty good) or Covid. Many thanks

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
Re: G’day
« Reply #1 on: 21:42:10, 28/09/20 »
Welcome to the forum from the southern edge of the Lake District - it's been many years since I've stayed at the Braithwaite site. I remember a walk up Coledale to have a look at the Barytes mine, then up the steep ground to the right of Force Crag past more old mine workings to Grasmoor and Grisedale Pike. Back along the ridge for a pint or three in the Coledale Inn. :) 

Must get up that way again soon.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 21:44:21, 28/09/20 »
Welcome to the forum from Aberdeenshire

windyrigg

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 07:34:57, 30/09/20 »
Welcome from Northumberland, enjoy the lakes!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy