Author Topic: [TR] South West Coastal Path : County Gate to Lynmouth  (Read 2662 times)

cpjmathieson

• Veteran Member

Mondays walk on the South West Coastal Path: County Gate Somerset to Lynmouth in Devon. 6.72 miles. A fab walk. cant wait to come back to continue the path. See blog for all the photos, GPX and Viewranger files and of course all the info and history too! O0

https://myadventures3.blogspot.com/2021/09/south-west-coastal-path-county-gate-to.html

Lee R

Re: [TR] South West Coastal Path : County Gate to Lynmouth
« Reply #1 on: 10:23:12, 25/09/21 »
Great report. I do really like the look of this section of coastline but it's such a pain to drive across to it's easier to head south to the Jurassic Coast instead!

We've done Kilve & around by there before.

I might book a few nights or campsite or something at some point as I want to do the Porlock dead trees, Valley of Rocks, Watersmeet, Horner Wood - I base most of my walking around photography.

harland

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 11:08:09, 25/09/21 »
More great photos, thank you. My parents took me to Lynmouth the year after the flood. It is a strange coincidence that Lynmouth's flood on 15/16 August 1952 was the same day as Boscastle's 52 years later on 16 August 2004.

Southwester

« Reply #3 on: 17:27:37, 26/09/21 »
Another excellent report CPJM - keep it up. Great to see the open top bus is running again between Minehead and Lynmouth. The company that originally ran the service went bust many years ago and services have been very limited or non existent in the meantime.

Good to see you used the cliff railway - I remember a long day walking the 2 Moors Way across Exmoor, finishing in Lynmouth ( my car was parked at the top in Lynton ). Stopped for a pint of Guinness in Lynmouth before arriving at the base of the railway a few minutes after 7pm - only to find the railway stopped at 7. A long walk up the zig zag hill!   

Bagpussbrown

« Reply #4 on: 16:18:46, 02/10/21 »
Beautiful photos! Thanks for giving me itchy feet  ;D

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 07:55:58, 03/10/21 »
Interesting report, and I particularly like the photos of the mists, autumn colours, ferns on the logs, and the many lovely sea views.  O0 O0
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy