Author Topic: Gloves  (Read 4726 times)

April

• Veteran Member
Re: Gloves
« Reply #15 on: 08:03:25, 20/11/20 »
Are you aged 11-13 or younger to get the right fit?

Mine are the 11-13 size but I am slightly older than that  ;D
Hate will never win

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 08:13:01, 20/11/20 »

Mine are the 11-13 size but I am slightly older than that  ;D
My wife is in the same situation. Being under 5 feet tall, she could often wear children’s clothing, but doesn’t like being festooned with unicorns, lashing lights and sparkly things  ;D

Apache

• Account Closed
« Reply #17 on: 09:59:21, 20/11/20 »
« Last Edit: 12:30:43, 20/11/20 by Apache »

Peak

« Reply #18 on: 11:14:01, 20/11/20 »
Not really waterproof but I wear the Montane Primsm mitts with merino wool liner gloves beneath when the temperature drops, works for me.

Shelley

« Reply #19 on: 12:07:13, 20/11/20 »
I am new to this forum and am so impressed with how helpful everyone is. I shall have a look at some of the options. I always use a pole by the way, so feel I need gloves rather than mittens. I find it hard, though, to understand why some company or other hasn’t managed to come up with the ‘perfect’ thing. It seems it should be so simple but isn’t!

Peak

« Reply #20 on: 12:15:34, 20/11/20 »
I also use poles and have had no problems when wearing mitts. The Prism mitts are very thin & lightweight but very warm. You could ask for a pole to try them if buying from a shop.

Shelley

« Reply #21 on: 12:18:05, 20/11/20 »
I’ll have a go with mitts with my pole as suggested. They do seem to be the warmest option.

Peak

« Reply #22 on: 12:28:39, 20/11/20 »
I've not worn gloves, apart from liners now & again, since I bought my mitts 4 years ago, not for everyone though.

Islandplodder

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 13:00:28, 20/11/20 »
I have had a pair of Montane prisms, but found I needed a liner with them on cold days, but I do suffer from cold hands.  When I lost them I didn't replace them.  I actually swear by sheepskin mitts, they keep a bit of warmth when wet and I have a spare pair for if they get really soaked through.  I also have a weird pair of Rab ones, they look like mitts but the inside is divided into fingers so they feel like gloves.  They are supposed to be the best of both worlds, mitts with a bit more manoevreability.  I'm not totally convinced, but they are pretty warm.

NeilC

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: 13:48:18, 20/11/20 »
Anyone used the Buffalo mitts?

I keep adding them to my birthday/xmas gift list but nobody ever buys them for me.

I'm particularly wondering about their performance in cold rain, given they're not waterproof.

Peak

« Reply #25 on: 13:56:08, 20/11/20 »
Not tried them myself but read many positive reviews.

forgotmyoldpassword

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: 19:26:51, 20/11/20 »
Anyone used the Buffalo mitts?

I keep adding them to my birthday/xmas gift list but nobody ever buys them for me.

I'm particularly wondering about their performance in cold rain, given they're not waterproof.

Don't own them but have used them.  They're very good, decent for cold hands but mainly when it's unremittingly [censored] it down.

Also I'd try the Extremities mittens as I own a pair of those which is extra warm, think it's some form of own brand Primaloft or something, warm when wet and pretty abrasion resistant. Just remember not to size them too small and you'll all be good.

Slowcoach

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: 20:09:03, 20/11/20 »
I use Tegera industrial waterproof gloves model 297. They were recommended on another outdoors forum .
Safetygloves UK sell them for £16.79 a pair. The gloves come in various sizes, you measure your hand and then choose their size to match.
I think they are absolutely great and tremendous value for money.
It's all uphill from here.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: 23:12:19, 20/11/20 »
My wife is in the same situation. Being under 5 feet tall, she could often wear children’s clothing, but doesn’t like being festooned with unicorns, lashing lights and sparkly things  ;D

;D  I'm just over five feet now, I used to be 3 inches taller before my spine shrank  ;)

Hate will never win

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: 17:59:06, 21/11/20 »
April, I'm pretty certain that's happening to me!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy