Author Topic: Paramo Bentu Windproof Jacket and Fleece.  (Read 2105 times)

Z3man

Paramo Bentu Windproof Jacket and Fleece.
« on: 16:26:30, 15/02/21 »
Hi,

Just wondered if anyone on here uses the Paramo Bentu Fleece and Windproof Jacket, either together or by themselves.

If so what are your thoughts on them, how breathable and waterproof are they.

Davidedgarjones

Re: Paramo Bentu Windproof Jacket and Fleece.
« Reply #1 on: 17:15:06, 15/02/21 »
I have that combination - bought quite recently, But with the cold spell we've been having, I'm wearing my Paramo Aspira jacket. If the thread is still active I'll post feedback in due course.
Dave

janner

« Reply #2 on: 23:32:06, 15/02/21 »
Yes, I have had the Bentu jacket from when Paramo first introduced it. Bought another one about a year ago. I use a Craghoppers Corey micro fleece with it and they work perfectly together. You have to remember to treat the fleece the same as the jacket regarding washing and proofing with Nikwax tech wash and TX direct wash in.

Z3man

« Reply #3 on: 16:59:23, 16/02/21 »
You must like it if you have bought a second one, do you find it very waterproof or is it just shower proof.

Have you ever used yours with the Bentu fleece.

I didn't realise you need to use the TX Direct Wash in on the fleece as well, i thought it was just the jacket.

The jacket is on sale for £70 in my local Go Outdoors, i think i might try one out. They don't stock the fleece but i can try that later.

janner

« Reply #4 on: 11:42:38, 17/02/21 »
You must like it if you have bought a second one, do you find it very waterproof or is it just shower proof.

Have you ever used yours with the Bentu fleece.

I didn't realise you need to use the TX Direct Wash in on the fleece as well, i thought it was just the jacket.

The jacket is on sale for £70 in my local Go Outdoors, i think i might try one out. They don't stock the fleece but i can try that later.

Yes I do like the jacket very much. I dont have the Bentu fleece as I use a Craghoppers Corey fleece with it and that combination has never let me down. The full zip Corey fleece cost me £22 against over £100 for the Bentu fleece. I bought the second Bentu jacket as the first one was showing some wear on the back due to my backpack but I still use it as a windshirt during fine weather. If you log on to Paramos site find the Bentu fleece and on the right hand side under aftercare you will find they recommend using Tech wash and Nikwax T X direct on the fleece.

scottk

« Reply #5 on: 16:01:03, 17/02/21 »
There is a blog by wildwalkinguk.com and he has it. He recently did a review and he thinks they are great.

Z3man

« Reply #6 on: 10:44:28, 18/02/21 »
Thanks for the info guy's.

I have purchased one now so i will be trying it out over the next few days.

Up to now i really like the fit, plenty of pockets and the hood is great, it seals well around your face and feels nice and protective which is what you want for windy days. Seems well worth the money.

The only thing i can't work out is what the velcro is for on the back of the hood, i thought it might be to fix the hood in place when not using it, but if it is i can't work out how to do it. Then i though it might be to pull the peak back a bit but there is a draw cord for that, so i don't know what it is for.
« Last Edit: 10:51:00, 18/02/21 by Z3man »

nesty

« Reply #7 on: 21:22:39, 18/02/21 »
I had one (the jacket and the fleece), but sold it. I am a Paramo fan.
I liked the fleece, but I couldn't get on with the combo thing, to make it waterproof you have to wear the 2 together, I found it all too hot.
I have a Paramo Helki, which has had pit zips inserted by Paramo, so I found out I was wearing my Bentu less.
I think the velcro at the rear of the hood is the height adjustment (it's similar on my marmot preclip), hope you enjoy the Bentu!  O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy