Author Topic: Project on walking clothing  (Read 1002 times)

Kweb

Project on walking clothing
« on: 19:00:15, 29/10/20 »
Hello! I'm doing a project on improving materials for walking apparel and am wondering if anyone would mind sharing their thoughts/answering a few questions specifically on clothing?

I'm a keen walker myself but don't want to let me bias get in the way. I have a google questionnaire prepared so if your up for answering a few questions (it will take around 10 mins) please send me a message and I will forward on.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

fernman

• Veteran Member
Re: Project on walking clothing
« Reply #1 on: 19:45:16, 29/10/20 »
As a new member you are unable to post hyperlinks, but if you paste the url of your questionaire into a post people will be able to copy/paste it into their browsers.

I think you will get a bigger uptake that way rather than asking them to message you  ;)

Kweb

« Reply #2 on: 10:42:48, 30/10/20 »

Thank you for the advice, that's brilliant  O0

Here is the URL for anyone who feels like sharing their experience on walking gear just copy and paste into your browser:

forms.gle/2wK5EE9SxDsfWWsK7

WhitstableDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 22:45:58, 30/10/20 »
Thank you for the advice, that's brilliant  O0

Here is the URL for anyone who feels like sharing their experience on walking gear just copy and paste into your browser:

forms.gle/2wK5EE9SxDsfWWsK7

I've completed the questionnaire - it took longer than I'd expected!

Here's a clickable link to save copying and pasting: http://forms.gle/2wK5EE9SxDsfWWsK7
Walk, Jog, Run : our YouTube video channel.

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 00:20:35, 31/10/20 »
Filled it in but it is very hard to say what is important about garments generally. For some it is warmth, for some waterproof-ness, for some breath-ability etc.

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 08:35:47, 31/10/20 »
This is not the usual type of student survey we get on here from time to time, it's more like a bit of market research.
But harmless anyway IMO.
Just don't tell them your name Pike!

Z3man

« Reply #6 on: 08:43:22, 31/10/20 »
Well i am stuck on the first question, and i always wonder this question.

Mountain climbing, does this mean rock face climbing, or people like me that walk up mountains in the Lake District, am i classed as a mountain climber?

Kweb

« Reply #7 on: 11:53:41, 31/10/20 »
Hello! Thank you to all who have filled in the questionnaire.

As a bit of background, that I realise would have been helpful to write in the first post - Amphibio is a UK based start up that is based at the Royal College of Art and is part of the Innovation programme there. Our aim is to design more sustainable, circular performance materials and we are currently in the early stages of this work. Forgive my inept ability to use forums, this is new to me but I thought it would be good to get an understanding from the walking community outside of my own bubble :)

RE the first question, very good point, the 'Mountain Climbing' I was referring to was not rock climbing but walking up hills/mountains as opposed to mostly flat/trail walking. The reason for separating these is because conditions will likely change more with altitude so we would take this into consideration for the materials we are working on. Of course on flat walks weather can also change dramatically but as this is early stage research I thought it's best to keep questions more open, then will be more specific with follow up work.

Extra info: There is some confusion over terminologies in UK reports that I've been looking at. For example Sport England collects data for an annual report that until this year grouped rock climbing with other types of walking but this has now been separated, and it's shown that popularity of walking as exercise is more popular than football.

Thank you WhistsableDave for sharing the link, I couldn't do it because I'm a newbie.

RE time taken filling out the questionnaire, it would be interesting to know how long it took, if anyone would like to feedback. Appreciate your time and apologies to anyone who spent longer than they had expected answering questions, I based this on my own time to fill in but could have been too short because I was already familiar with all the questions.  

Any further questions or comments, please feel free to leave a message, as a start-up we are learning and want to make sure we are listening to the people who may one day be using our product, so we do appreciate any feedback. Happy weekend walker community!

forgotmyoldpassword

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 18:44:58, 31/10/20 »
Appreciate you replying on these points - many of these 'walking project' posts turn out to be students doing Design Technology projects and you never hear from them again.

Will do the questionnaire and best of luck for bring a sustainable product to market.

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 09:55:00, 01/11/20 »
I've filled it in - I assume you are trying to design the holy grail  ;D , a sustainable windproof waterproof breathable jacket?  If so good luck and can I have a free sample when it's done please?

Good luck with the project.

Zizag

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 22:27:37, 01/11/20 »
I filled in the Questionaire.
Found it quite Interesting .
Good luck with your findings

Kweb

« Reply #11 on: 10:35:42, 05/11/20 »
Thank you, we've had a really positive response in the questionnaire and it shows there are lots of opportunities to make things better!!

I will do my best to share any updates on the project when I can. It's really great to receive such enthusiasm from the walking community on developing better/more sustainable products. The aim is that we will create something that offers aesthetic, function and planet-friendly design and as I said we are in the early stages but we'll get there.

Thanks again all for your support and engagement.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy