Author Topic: Hi and over trousers help please  (Read 2054 times)

pauldawes

• Veteran Member
Re: Hi and over trousers help please
« Reply #15 on: 06:10:37, 22/12/20 »
Thanks everyone
The deluge are around £50 and at the moment and I can get the Paclite cheap of Amazon at £67

Decisions Decisions

You can’t go wrong with either..both good choices.

And most likely 90 percent of members here being “walking nuts” (certainly include myself) would probably end up buying both.

I actually prefer waterproof trousers you can just wear all day as main pair rather than over trousers you need to put on and take off at different parts of the walk.

But wouldn’t know which ones of those to recommend right now. (Because ones I’ve used for years were “improved”...which in this case means new version not as good as old...)

Slowcoach

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 07:56:17, 22/12/20 »
Thanks everyone
The deluge are around £50 and at the moment and I can get the Paclite cheap of Amazon at £67

Decisions Decisions
I had a look on Amazon as I thought thar was an excellent price for the Paclite trousers, but the low price quoted was for xs size and as soon as i selected medium the price went up to £109.

It's all uphill from here.

WhitstableDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 10:16:47, 22/12/20 »
I bought cheaper, bulky over-trousers early in my walking career, but I found them awkward to put on and take off and far too warm much of the time. I decided to go 'upmarket' and, despite what seemed an exorbitant price at the time, took a chance on the Berghaus Paclites. They turned out to be worth every penny and they're the ones I carry when there's even just a chance of getting uncomfortably wet legs.

Like Paul, I like waterproof trousers and have a pair of Rohan Dry Frontier trousers. For me to choose to wear them though, the forecast must be for fairly continuous rain or bad weather. They feel like lightweight winter-lined trousers; they're very comfortable and I like having easy-to-access pockets (handkerchiefs are important to me in the cold or rain) and the Frontiers have six! However, unless it's a cold day, if the sun comes out I start to get too warm in them - and, unlike over-trousers, I'm stuck with them for the duration.

I'm someone who much prefers to be too cool rather than too warm and I hate being sweaty. So, if the weather is just drizzly or if the rain is heavier but intermittent, then I'm happy in my normal walking trousers that are 100% nylon and which dry extremely quickly.
Walk, Jog, Run : our YouTube video channel.

happyhiker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 11:27:13, 23/12/20 »
I will add a vote for Berghaus Paklite for all the reasons mentioned. The long zips make them easy to put on without removing boots though you have to be careful not to snag the "flap" when zipping up.

Conversely, I have found the Paklite jacket pretty useless in anything other than a light shower!

Jako999

« Reply #19 on: 00:58:24, 24/12/20 »
Medium paclite are on Amazon in 29” leg at £67.99 Bargain

nesty

« Reply #20 on: 00:20:29, 30/12/20 »
Medium paclite are on Amazon in 29” leg at £67.99 Bargain

Thats a decent price for Paclite!
I have 2 pairs of Deluge, for get on quick, when out walking remotely and the rain comes in & other for the car in case of emergency's such, as breakdowns in the rain etc.
Berghaus have thought about putting these type of trousers on quickly (though practice makes perfect), both are good, but dependent upon how long you wearing them (Paclite probably better for longer duration wearing) IMHO!   

Jako999

« Reply #21 on: 22:11:17, 30/12/20 »
I have bought the paclite as the price was to good to miss.
Thanks all

Slowcoach

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 07:32:00, 31/12/20 »
I have bought the paclite as the price was to good to miss.
Thanks all
It’s good to find out what decision has been made, thanks
It's all uphill from here.

windyrigg

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 09:29:45, 31/12/20 »
Good choice  O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy