Author Topic: Piccadilly to Hathersage query  (Read 1354 times)

henryb

• Veteran Member
Piccadilly to Hathersage query
« on: 20:17:55, 02/01/20 »
I'm planning to visit Hathersage in February. I'm planning to get the northern train service from Manchester Piccadilly to Hathersage. I'm slightly concerned with messages on national rail websites about fleets not being refurbished or may soon be retired. Does anyone local to the area know if these services are still running these days? Thanks, Henry

maximurph

Re: Piccadilly to Hathersage query
« Reply #1 on: 22:23:23, 02/01/20 »
Yea still running, northern are in the process of changing the fleet of trains, when that's completed is anyone's guess.

Dazza

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 20:10:01, 04/01/20 »
If they do lose the franchise there's also the possibility of East Midland Rail stopping along the Hope Valley line, if only short term. Currently they're not allowed to (for many silly and boring reasons).
Dazza
--------
These boots were made for walking so that's just what I'll do. After I've re-proofed them of course...

Requiem

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 19:45:15, 06/01/20 »
Last time I did that route was in reverse, going from Edale to Sheffield Pond Street, then down longdendale on the National Express - It was may 2019 and the weather and views were GLORIOUS, but must've taken at least 3 hours.

Roy
PT Business: poshpollyprints.co.uk
Twitter: @pollardroy
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/roypollard/
Facebook: Roy Pollard

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy