Author Topic: Three Ways House Walking Weekend  (Read 6765 times)

SLB

Three Ways House Walking Weekend
« on: 13:07:18, 04/07/06 »
I have recently attended a Walking Weekend at Three Ways House Hotel, Mickleton.  It is in the north of the Cotswolds and offers great value walking weekends a great way to see this beautiful part of the country.  Has anyone else found this gem?!

Landgirl

Re: Three Ways House Walking Weekend
« Reply #1 on: 20:24:01, 30/07/06 »
Isn't this the Pudding Club place? Did you eat lots of jam roly poly and spotted dick in between your walks?
I've considered the walking breaks offered here but they are a bit expensive - did you think it was value for money?

SLB

« Reply #2 on: 21:15:16, 30/07/06 »
Yes it's definatly value for money.  I arrived on the Friday night and attended a meeting of the Pudding Club which was a fun evening and gave me a chance to meet other walkers.  I had a main course then 7 puddings, yes 7, it was great fun!      The walks on both Saturday and Sunday were led by a Cotswold Warden so not only were the walks themselves lovely we also learnt some things too!  Big English breakfasts start the day off and a three course meal on Satuday evening, yum!  Friendly staff and nice rooms.  You should try it!

Landgirl

« Reply #3 on: 18:47:35, 31/07/06 »
I've just had a peep at their website and there's a gorgeous recipe for a cake made with raspberries, chocolate and cream - sounds heavenly, and must be OK if I go for a walk after eating it! Is it suitable for a lone woman? My partner isn't so keen on walking!

Jules

« Reply #4 on: 13:18:25, 01/08/06 »
Hey,

Thanks for the tip, this looks great, and personally speaking, I'd love to wake up in a box of chocolates!  That room looks amazing.

Will check it out

Thanks

Jules  :)
Jules
:-)

SLB

« Reply #5 on: 00:07:35, 06/08/06 »
In answer to Landgirl, yes it's suitable for a single person as you get to know everyone on the weekend, it's very friendly and if your partner does not want to walk he/she can still stay. :)

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 14:08:22, 15/09/06 »
it looks fantastic were the walks long or short ones i dont mind the short walk but do enjoy  long ones
« Last Edit: 11:36:37, 21/09/06 by walkinggirluk »
peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy