Author Topic: Central Lakes  (Read 1658 times)

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
Central Lakes
« on: 09:17:26, 05/03/08 »
4th March 2008

Central Lakes

No tops today but an absolutely fantastic walk from Pelter Bridge near Rydal. The route was a circuit of Rydal Water and Grasmere using Loughrigg Terrace and the shoreside path out and returning along the old "Coffin Route". A fantastic day and great views. My hip is complaining today but it was worth it. Pictures are now available on the website.

Regards,

Dave
http://www.wainwright-wanderings.co.uk/

wellerchap

Re: Central Lakes
« Reply #1 on: 10:07:55, 05/03/08 »
Blimey, what beautiful weather you had for the camera.....brilliant photos!

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 12:48:34, 05/03/08 »
Blimey, what beautiful weather you had for the camera.....brilliant photos!

It was a perfect day. As I drove past the Low Wood Hotel on the shores of Windermere the views up the Great Langdale valley were breathtaking. Easy to take pictures on such a day.
Dave

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 22:54:24, 07/03/08 »
 O0 Hi Dave your still hard at it i see pal ''thank god'' as im looking forward to reading and seeing what you've been upto since ive been in Spain..,apart from 'ALL' the walks youve done since December is there any really good un's that stand out, you know like ermm Haystacks or the little Castle cragg or maybe any of the bigger ones, i know, have alook on your site, just thought i'd ask whilst im on here, Anyway pal hope you and your good wife are fine,
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 15:58:12, 08/03/08 »
O0 Hi Dave your still hard at it i see pal ''thank god'' as im looking forward to reading and seeing what you've been upto since ive been in Spain..,apart from 'ALL' the walks youve done since December is there any really good un's that stand out, you know like ermm Haystacks or the little Castle cragg or maybe any of the bigger ones, i know, have alook on your site, just thought i'd ask whilst im on here, Anyway pal hope you and your good wife are fine,

I haven't done what I call many "proper" walks for a few weeks as I'm still having a few problems with the foot and an arthritic hip that plays up if I push it too much. There's plenty of good little ones in the Lakes such as Haystacks and Walla Crag that have great views from the top. One of my favourites is Low Fell near Loweswater. If you do that on the right day the views are great. We did it last September on a not very good day but it was still great.
Walk No. 0073 on our website.
Take care,
Dave

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy