Author Topic: Conistone Dib-capplestone Gate-Great Whernside-Kettlewell-Conistone  (Read 1638 times)

galaxysue

We had a lovely walk in the Dales on Saturday, weather started off a bit grey but brightned up. We started off by walking up the dib, this is such a lovely place to walk I love the limestone, the walk up the gorge, its just great. We carried on up the Byecliffe Road then veered off left up the track to Capplestone Gate fairly easy, nice grassy track, the wind was behind us so the walking was easy. We reached the trig point, then sat behind the wall to have a cup of coffee and malt loaf. The wind and mist was howling over our heads. We continued along the ridge following yellow markers and arrived at Providence Lead Mines, this was my daughters bit, we were hunting a geocache, onky the second time we have done it. This wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought it would be, so finding the treasure we carried onwards and upwards to Hag Dyke scout hut. We then made our way up Great Whernside a bit of a scramble and some boggy bits but the sun was shining now so it was great. Reaching the summit we had clear views of Buckden Pike, Penyghent and Pendle Hill. Down to Kettlewell now through grassy fields. Found another geocache just before we got into Kettlewell. We took the Dales Way back to Conistone a lovely walk with superb limestone scars along the way, visiting the famous Pie descending into Conistone via Scot Gate Lane. Can't wait to come back for another days walking!!

« Last Edit: 16:04:27, 04/04/11 by galaxysue »

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
Nice photos Sue!  Thanks for posting  O0

Tracey :)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

One F in Foreigner

• Veteran Member
I love the limestone too - I have only ever walked down the Dib and never up it. Looked to be a nice clear day and the views from Great Whernside are excellent.
I prefer the folly of enthusiasm to the indifference of wisdom. (Anatole France)

amnesiacjimmy

• Veteran Member
Excellent!!!! Love that area  O0
12 songs enjoy while posting and browsing on 'ere  :)   http://tinyurl.com/3rd9vey -

More stuff on Itunes:   http://tinyurl.com/3phvnla

dunc

• Veteran Member
Your pics are better than mine.  :D

Me and AJ did a somewhat similar route last month but without the clamber up to Gt Whernside, belting scenery.  O0
"If this grand panorama before me is what you call God.... then God is not dead"

Glyders

• Veteran Member
Looks great Sue, thanks for posting O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy