Author Topic: My best pic of the day  (Read 662219 times)

GinAndPlatonic

• Veteran Member
Re: My best pic of the day
« Reply #4260 on: 19:12:19, 15/10/20 »
I was overjoyed at actually getting a parking space at Pen-y-Pass, so I took a celebratory photo.

Also, took the chance to do Snowdon again before the Welsh government make me a persona non grata.  ::)

Was this today. Any photos on the way up ?  :)
Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because it's excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience - Adam Smith

MkPotato

« Reply #4261 on: 04:52:21, 16/10/20 »
Yes, it was yesterday. It was a bit mixed in terms of weather. The mist came in and out, but there were some lovely moments.

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4262 on: 08:32:11, 16/10/20 »
Lovely pics there Mk Potato - and a couple of unusual angles - my favourite is the last one - from Y Lliwedd? 

MkPotato

« Reply #4263 on: 08:39:43, 16/10/20 »
Lovely pics there Mk Potato - and a couple of unusual angles - my favourite is the last one - from Y Lliwedd?
Thanks. Yes, just coming down off the final hump of Lliwedd. It feels oddly removed from the bustle of Snowdon, and I particularly like the views of the S/E part of the mountain. Serious cliffs on the other side as well!

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4264 on: 08:57:10, 16/10/20 »
Only ever ascended that way - truly lovely way up apart from the section of the Watkin.

GinAndPlatonic

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4265 on: 12:07:07, 16/10/20 »
Yes, it was yesterday. It was a bit mixed in terms of weather. The mist came in and out, but there were some lovely moments.

I had the same . Dull to start with ,  but the sun was in and out later . Tests your patience at times if seeking a nice pic . Those three images are of some cracking views . !  O0
Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because it's excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience - Adam Smith

MkPotato

« Reply #4266 on: 13:25:13, 16/10/20 »
Only ever ascended that way - truly lovely way up apart from the section of the Watkin.
Yes, the top bit of the Watkin path is quite tiring. In fact the Watkin path is a funny beast all round. The first couple of miles is as gentle a track as any on Snowdon, until you then start to ascend Lliwedd, (when itís steep), and then onto Snowdon (when itís steeper, and loose).
In fairness, quite a bit of that final but is stepped now, so itís not as bad as it was.

MkPotato

« Reply #4267 on: 13:26:18, 16/10/20 »
I had the same . Dull to start with ,  but the sun was in and out later . Tests your patience at times if seeking a nice pic . Those three images are of some cracking views . !  O0

When the clouds cleared, it was very dramatic.