Author Topic: pennine way  (Read 14286 times)

Stottie

Re: pennine way
« Reply #45 on: 17:31:34, 26/03/13 »
I think you did very well and made a good call.
Funny how we all take photos of the sheep - the further we walk, the more we snap 'em.....

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #46 on: 17:33:07, 26/03/13 »
We could start a sheep photo thread but it may attract the wrong crowd.

Lovely photo's, do you take your pet rock on all your walks?

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #47 on: 18:14:31, 26/03/13 »
Great effort, I took the same amount of time last June and had a very tough time on the Cheviots due to heavy rain and strong winds.  Given the current conditions you were right to call it a day at Bryness, I'm sure you were well looked after at Bryness by Colin and Joyce  ;)
Where there's a will ...

Alison333

« Reply #48 on: 18:26:36, 26/03/13 »
I did not include the weight of my pet rock in the 9kg!!  and yes, a good stay in Byrness.   Not sure what it is about the sheep, but they do get more photogenic as the Way goes along!!

Jellybelly

« Reply #49 on: 19:22:07, 26/03/13 »
great snaps and very jealous its my dream to do it

you had such a warming smile everytime we saw you
Is that so

forest view

« Reply #50 on: 20:19:32, 26/03/13 »
Wel done and you did make the right decision we are still in the middle of a blizzard and it`s been bitterly cold for the last week. It would have been too big a risk especially for a solo walker see you soon when you come to complete it. P.S. there are some lovely Cheviot sheep on the last bit and you might even get a photo of some feral goats for a bit of variety. Joyce
www.forestviewbyrness.co.uk 
# 1 place to stay in Byrness (Tripadvisor)

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #51 on: 20:38:28, 26/03/13 »
 You did very well in those conditions.Aborting the walk before the Cheviots was the right thing to do.The Cheviots can be bad in summer but in these conditions they are a potenial killer unless you have the kind of backup they had in the Spine race and even then its not risk free.
Account terminated with immediate effect-Moderator.

Michemit

« Reply #52 on: 09:13:02, 07/04/21 »
sussam I would very much like to get the pennine way file from you for my garmin GPS and also the instructions please but for some reason I can't find a way on this site to get my email address to you

harland

• Veteran Member
« Reply #53 on: 09:47:14, 07/04/21 »
Click on his name (where it shows Posted by:xxx on the lefthand side) and send him a message. He can point you in the right direction but may not, for obvious reasons, be prepared to use email.
« Last Edit: 09:58:56, 07/04/21 by harland »

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #54 on: 09:51:00, 07/04/21 »
For a minute or two I was really confused by the dates prior to today's first entry. As a thought, I'm not a user of paper maps but I do think that the A-Z 'Pennine Way' publications (2 x A5 thin books) are really good. 

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #55 on: 14:16:38, 07/04/21 »
Click on his name (where it shows Posted by:xxx on the lefthand side) and send him a message. He can point you in the right direction but may not, for obvious reasons, be prepared to use email.

In contact with him now  O0
Where there's a will ...