Author Topic: Where are folks walking this weekend?  (Read 339216 times)

Ralph

Re: Where are folks walking this weekend?
« Reply #2715 on: 16:41:52, 30/06/19 »
Decided at the last minute (yesterday) to take the offer of a lift to Fort William  on Sunday. So will walk the Great Glen Way.Not sure how I'll get on as have recently had to be admitted back onto cardiology I.C.. They spotted a problem via my internal permanent heart monitor. Great bit of kit. Sends wireless signal nightly to the local hospital and they look at the trace daily. No problems now . Been taken off the beta blockers as they were slowing the ticker too much. Looking forward to a long easy (er) walk and may be able to find out if I do have a second gear. Bag packed,  12Kilo, counting food for the week and water. A few nights under the stars to look forward  to.
Good luck & take care.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2716 on: 20:55:32, 30/06/19 »
Decided at the last minute (yesterday) to take the offer of a lift to Fort William  on Sunday. So will walk the Great Glen Way.Not sure how I'll get on as have recently had to be admitted back onto cardiology I.C.. They spotted a problem via my internal permanent heart monitor. Great bit of kit. Sends wireless signal nightly to the local hospital and they look at the trace daily. No problems now . Been taken off the beta blockers as they were slowing the ticker too much. Looking forward to a long easy (er) walk and may be able to find out if I do have a second gear. Bag packed,  12Kilo, counting food for the week and water. A few nights under the stars to look forward  to.

Chance to gradually build up the fitness, now you are beta blocker free.  Take it steady and enjoy those stars.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2717 on: 21:00:44, 30/06/19 »
Good walk up on Dartmoor today.  Headed over chat tor from the Dartmoor Inn.  Then on past kitty tor and accross the valley to Yes tor.  Then I returned via Lints tor.  Enjoyed a little climb to the top. Never got up it before in all these years, as the weather has always been poor on previous visits.  Not today, finally some decent walking weather too.  Cool and sunny.
« Last Edit: 21:05:30, 30/06/19 by BuzyG »