Author Topic: Where are folks walking this weekend?  (Read 576491 times)

Mel

• Veteran Member
Re: Where are folks walking this weekend?
« Reply #2190 on: 21:58:20, 25/07/17 »
I'm going to be walking to and from work this weekend  :-\   If I'm feeling really adventurous, I might take the scenic route back through the woods and across the field  :)

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2191 on: 17:17:45, 29/07/17 »
I'm supposed to be doing a variation of the Edale Skyline tomorrow....20 miles or so....but as usual these days, the weather looks a bit grim  ::)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2192 on: 22:07:49, 29/07/17 »
Forecast looks "not too bad" for the east coast tomorrow so I'm off to do a 7 mile mooch round Hornsea Mere  :)

Bhod

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2193 on: 09:07:04, 30/07/17 »
The beach with the dogs this morning and then an amble around Tynemouth market as today is a stay at home and do things with Samantha (my lovely wife), day.  Enjoy your walks wherever you may end up.
I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2194 on: 23:10:13, 30/07/17 »
I'm supposed to be doing a variation of the Edale Skyline tomorrow....20 miles or so....but as usual these days, the weather looks a bit grim  ::)

Well, it wasn't so bad in the end!  We had a very heavy shower that lasted about 15 minutes and a couple of light showers that passed over fairly quickly.  There was more sunshine than expected too! Rainbows galore  8)
Just under 20 miles....and I'm aching all over, even after a hot bath! :D

rural roamer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2195 on: 15:04:22, 31/07/17 »
We had a lovely walk yesterday around Walberswick and Blythburgh (north Suffolk). Did a 8.5 circular route and there were lots of bits we hadn't done before.  Weather was good and saw lots of dragonflies, partridges and a snake!  Not sure if it was a grasssnake or adder as it was quite well hidden.

Penygadair

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2196 on: 16:10:32, 31/07/17 »
We had a lovely walk yesterday around Walberswick and Blythburgh (north Suffolk). Did a 8.5 circular route and there were lots of bits we hadn't done before.  Weather was good and saw lots of dragonflies, partridges and a snake!  Not sure if it was a grasssnake or adder as it was quite well hidden.

Nice walk. I'll be doing my annual plod from Kessingland to Southwold and on to Blythburgh in October. (stopping for Adnams on the way!)

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2197 on: 13:16:15, 03/08/17 »
Managed to negotiate a solo pass for the weekend so am off to the lakes, staying in Patterdale - Saturday planning a walk up to the Kirkstone Inn via High Street, taking in a few Wainwrights I've not done (Angetarn Pikes, Rest Dodd, Grey Crags and Hartsop Dodd).  Getting the bus back to Patterdale after, hopefully, a pint in the pub.  Sunday hopefully Arnsiton Crags, Birks and St Sunday Crag.  As always, plans will probably change - but looking forward to a solo weekend.

Percy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2198 on: 13:52:02, 03/08/17 »
A Martindale route similar to Karl's tomorrow.

Oldham V Oxford United on Saturday.

Decorating on Sunday.

2 out of 3 ain't bad.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2199 on: 14:05:37, 03/08/17 »
Leading a 14.5 mile walk on Saturday, meandering through the Goyt Valley and then along by the Errwood & Fernilee Reservoirs. We'll then be heading up over Taxal Moor to Windgather Rocks, before walking along the Tors via Pym Chair, Cat's Tor and Shining Tor.
We'll drop back down into the Goyt Valley via Stake Side and woodland around Deep Clough, before heading back to the cars via Derbyshire Bridge. O0

Charlieslater

« Reply #2200 on: 09:16:55, 04/08/17 »
Intending driving over fro Teeside tonight and doing Crib Coch on Sat followed by a mooch around Tyfan on Sunday. Forcast looks about as good as could be expected so taking the opportunity. Did post it as a late meet up but had no takers. Should be "fun"
53 years old=only 4 more world cups/Olympic games.

beefy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2201 on: 09:36:33, 04/08/17 »
I'm on the bus and will soon be in keswick, the sun is shining, and I'm wearing shades  8)
Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2202 on: 09:50:10, 04/08/17 »
You on a mission from God?

phil1960

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2203 on: 10:35:11, 04/08/17 »
Not walking as such as it's the Brecon show this weekend, should be a good day  :)
Touching from a distance, further all the time.

beefy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2204 on: 10:38:19, 04/08/17 »
bloomin Flickr  :(
Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy