Author Topic: Trip Report Kinder Scout  (Read 7026 times)

treehugger

• Account Closed
Re: Trip Report Kinder Scout
« Reply #30 on: 12:21:02, 04/06/13 »
No rush? Took me 7h 30 and I was jiggered....though you could shorten the wondering about on top.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: 17:30:15, 04/06/13 »

There appears o be a lot of interest in this route, may have to arrange a meet later in the year. It is officially classed as a difficult route BUT IMHO it is achievable no matter what your level of fitness is, there is no rush and if we do it again during long daylight hours we can take as long as we need to, to get everyone round. :) :) O0

Anyone up for it???

I'd be up for it if we can just move Kinder Scout to the Arctic Circle in Summer or tilt the earth's axis so we have 24 hours of daylight.... one of the two, I don't mind  ;D ;D ;D

PS. Shaun, I meant to say, your TR starts out sounding like our reports and log books at work .... "at zero six eleven hours...."  ;D

It wasn't until I was looking back through the TR to see if it said how long the walk was that I realised that normal people would say "just after six" or "about ten past six"... and I remembered something Andy said ....  ;D

Steve 79

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: 21:09:30, 04/06/13 »

There appears o be a lot of interest in this route, may have to arrange a meet later in the year. It is officially classed as a difficult route BUT IMHO it is achievable no matter what your level of fitness is, there is no rush and if we do it again during long daylight hours we can take as long as we need to, to get everyone round. :) :) O0

Anyone up for it???

Yep I would be, it's a good route and very achievable, it's one of my favourite areas.... O0

C2C09 Shaun

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: 23:45:59, 04/06/13 »

I'd be up for it if we can just move Kinder Scout to the Arctic Circle in Summer or tilt the earth's axis so we have 24 hours of daylight.... one of the two, I don't mind  ;D ;D ;D

PS. Shaun, I meant to say, your TR starts out sounding like our reports and log books at work .... "at zero six eleven hours...."  ;D

It wasn't until I was looking back through the TR to see if it said how long the walk was that I realised that normal people would say "just after six" or "about ten past six"... and I remembered something Andy said ....  ;D

Mel, there will be more than enough daylight for you to complete the walk without having to break into a sweat, you will enjoy every minute of the walk when we do it  :) :)

Haha.........I think I got straight into statement taking mode, a combination of 10 years in the Royal Navy and now 7 years in the police you become brain washed, I use it all t time lol :D :D   Mmmm Something Andy said!!!!! will need to put my interviewers head on

"OK Mel......Andy has told us everything about you and your part in the incident...........So what is it that Andy said? You may as well tell us, because he hasn't been very loyal to you has he, so its your choice........spill the beans or you will cop for the lot and he'll get off Scot free, SO C'MON MEL START TALKING!!!!" :knuppel2: :knuppel2: :police:

or something like that lol guilty until proved innocent    ;D ;D
www.catchlights-photography.com

Everything in Life happens for a reason

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: 01:59:01, 05/06/13 »
Umm, if my memory serves me correctly, he was impersonating a Police Officer  ;D ;D ;D

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: 07:41:45, 05/06/13 »

Anyone up for it???

Yep, I would be too.  This is my favourite way up Kinder, although I often take the 'right fork' at the top of Grindsbrook.  It's much the same, only different as the rocks are a bit bigger! ;) 

I usually take a slight detour on the way back to Edale too, which means you get to dip hot tired feet into the cool babbling waters of Crowden Brook! (at the bottom of Crowden Clough, obviously! :D )
It's a nicer finish, I think.

Tracey :)

Great report and photos, BTW! O0
***Happiness is only a smile away***

C2C09 Shaun

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: 12:00:35, 05/06/13 »
Umm, if my memory serves me correctly, he was impersonating a Police Officer  ;D ;D ;D

Hmmm, our Andy seems to have many guises that he slips into ;D ;D

This is the offence (Section 90 Police Act 1996) (Archbold 22-62) creates several offences relating to the impersonation of police officers or the possession of articles of police uniform, namely:

* impersonating a police officer (including a special constable);
    * making a statement or doing any act calculated falsely to suggest membership of a police force;
    * wearing a police uniform calculated to deceive;
    * possessing an article of police uniform.
 :knuppel2: :knuppel2: :police: :knuppel2: :knuppel2:

C2C09 Shaun

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: 12:10:59, 05/06/13 »

Yep, I would be too.  This is my favourite way up Kinder, although I often take the 'right fork' at the top of Grindsbrook.  It's much the same, only different as the rocks are a bit bigger! ;) 

I usually take a slight detour on the way back to Edale too, which means you get to dip hot tired feet into the cool babbling waters of Crowden Brook! (at the bottom of Crowden Clough, obviously! :D )
It's a nicer finish, I think.

Tracey :)

Great report and photos, BTW! O0

I think the route you mention Tracey, is the route that I did the first time I did Kinder Scout and if I remember right its more hands on and a bit steeper. Sounds like a good idea to me, I'll put it up as a meet, probably be looking at th weekend of the 24th August, could make it a two day meet (camping) for a cheap weekend..........I'm pretty busy before then and doing the Cleveland Way in September O0 O0

Andy Broadley

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: 12:32:14, 05/06/13 »
If we go the same route and direction, then count me in...if I'm off work that is.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step

Country Walking 1000 Mile Challenge 2017  623.5  miles :)

C2C09 Shaun

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: 13:20:13, 05/06/13 »
If we go the same route and direction, then count me in...if I'm off work that is.

Even if we change the route slightly it'll be a good walk ad still just as achievable, its good to make a couple of changes and the route that Tracey is talking about is not a massive difference from what we did. Saturday 24th August is th date that I will be looking at mate O0 

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy