Author Topic: cadair Idris  (Read 1073 times)

Rob.

cadair Idris
« on: 17:23:33, 25/02/15 »
Going to do the classic Cader Idris clockwise circular up the Minfford path soon. Its been many years since i did it this way and cant see an obvious route on my os explorer map back down after the last peak of Mynydd Moel. Does this become obvious when your`e there?

Thanks  Rob.

Mel

• Veteran Member
Re: cadair Idris
« Reply #1 on: 19:39:51, 25/02/15 »

Rob.

« Reply #2 on: 21:06:53, 25/02/15 »
Awesome link Thanks👍

Tryfan75

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 21:24:29, 25/02/15 »
Hi Rob - you got me looking back at one of my old reports.  Link below shows map of my route walked.  No path marked on map but it is obvious when on the ground (assuming good visibility of course).

http://www.walkingforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=12552.15

altirando

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 23:47:34, 25/02/15 »
For a longer summer day, the traverse of Cadair from the north side is a superb ridge walk, hardly ever done I suspect.  Gain the ridge at Cau Craig, drop back down at Craig y lyn, join up along the estuary back of the youth hostel.

meandmydog

« Reply #5 on: 20:25:50, 26/02/15 »
Rob that's one I've not done. Looks awesome. I mean to do it this year.

Davidedgarjones

« Reply #6 on: 17:09:33, 07/03/15 »
In good visibility the Minfordd route is pretty straightforward. But last year in May when I did it, visibility was very poor and at the summit it was hailstoning. Navigation to and from the summit was tricky and required a compass bearing check. At least there was the shelter for lunch.
Dave

Rob.

« Reply #7 on: 12:56:12, 16/03/15 »
In answer to my own original question. The descent from Mynydd Moel was straight forward. Simply follow the fence down which also runs along an old collapsed dry stone wall.

Had an awesome walk. Driving wind & rain with snow thrown in walking up to the top. Whilst having dinner in the hut, the wind was howling outside and we though the weather had took a turn for the worst. How wrong we were when we emerged. Sunny clear views :-)

Cadair Idris Minfford for me in a clockwise around the rim walk is one of the classics. Fully recommend this walk!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy