Author Topic: Battery Bank - Can anyone recommend one for charging gpd watch, phone, gopro????  (Read 2339 times)

spiritualwalker

Anyone had a really good battery bank that they could recommend, for a long distance walk?

DevonDave

• Veteran Member
I have been using one of these for many years. 

http://www.fishpond.co.uk/Electronics/I-Up-5400-External-Battery-for-Select-Cell-Phones/9999298143929

It is out of stock on this site, but you should be able to find it elsewhere if you search around.  Just plug it into the mains to charge it, then plug your phone or GPS unit into it and it will have enough power to last for days.

youradvocate

• Veteran Member
I bought one from Anker, (via Amazon) most of the review reports seem to recommend it. The Anker site is useful to look at. I used it recently on the Offas Dyke path, it charge my phone twice before it needed charging again.

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
I bought one from Anker, (via Amazon) most of the review reports seem to recommend it. The Anker site is useful to look at. I used it recently on the Offas Dyke path, it charge my phone twice before it needed charging again.

I think I bought the same one, was only £10 and charged my iPhone 4 twice fully and then another 70%, it will do me nicely  O0
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

Mel

• Veteran Member
I have a Kodak one.  Cost me a tenner.  Get a similar charge from it as bricam on a Samsung Galaxy S3.  Takes a while to charge it back up though  :-\

wintonian

+1 for Anker I have 2, the expensive 6400mh one and a small 3200mah lip stick like one, that lives in my bag, but that only charges at 1 amp and will likely replace it with this 5200mah (2 amp) one at £11.99.

They are really good quality and come with a nice bag to keep it together with the cable.

quixoticgeek

I've been using a Powermonkey extreme since 2012. It lives in my pack all the time now. The solar panel has allowed me to keep everything running for a week whilst cycling in Belgium. But the battery itself will do half dozen charges of most phones, even without the sun topping it up.

Highly recommend it. They now make a 5V version and a 12V version. Both are able to stick out 5V for most devices, but the 12v version can also do 12v for things like digital camera batteries. Alas the 12v one wasn't available when I got mine.

J
--
Http://b.42q.eu/ - Beer, Bikes and Backpacking.

roughyed

• Veteran Member
Go on amazon, anker, lepow, TechNet, etc will all do a good job.

I reviewed a powermonkey here -

http://idontdohills.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/powermonkey-explorer-2-first-look.html

swanseamale47

I'm told if your an EE customer you can get a free phone power bar, I gather it 2600 mh (so not big) and you can just swop it for a charged one at any EE store (if you happen to be passing) they can also be recharged  from any USB.

domtheone

• Veteran Member
http://www.amazon.co.uk/KiwiBird%C2%AE-12000mAh-Rechargable-Universal-Flashlight-x/dp/B00I2NS4DM

I have that one from Amazon.

First one had a fault ::)  but their customer service was faultless.  Sent me another in 2 days and i got to keep the faulty one.

At best, it will charge my knackered Iphone 4S about 5-6 times.

Charges an Ipad Air fully 1.5 times.
If they don't like you going out, they'll love you coming in!

*Money back guarantee does not cover for **** weather!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy