Author Topic: TR Goyt Valley and Shining Tor  (Read 4818 times)

Mel

• Veteran Member
Re: TR Goyt Valley and Shining Tor
« Reply #15 on: 08:18:13, 20/07/15 »
Had a look on my GPS track thingy and we followed a path (not marked on the map) from Foxlow Edge which joined a high path down Shooters Clough.  We crossed the bridge then doubled back to Errwood Hall.  There had been a lot of Rhododendron chopping going on along the path and, after a quick google, it seems other folks have commented that it's been quite recent and hasn't done the area any favours  :(

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 12:13:53, 20/07/15 »
Nice photos and report  O0  Looks like a really nice place to walk  :)

Hate will never win

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 22:34:18, 20/07/15 »
Hi Mel

I was in Wales for a few days, not walking, so could only look at the pictures on my phone but I'm back home now. Sorry for photo-bombing your picture of Errwood Hall. Did the photo of the 2 of us at the trig come out ok?

I took this one of a none pigeon pecked welldressing in Buxton to show you.

Ridge

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 20:26:26, 21/07/15 »
Aww that's a fab pic of the well dressing Ridge  O0   I can't get over how intricate they are. 

Yeah, the pic of us both at the trig point came out okay... not sure why I didn't post it to be honest:

Camera's fixed now by the way  :)  (did I mention there was something wrong with it?  :D  )

kevilsonlad

« Reply #19 on: 21:37:02, 29/07/15 »
took some friends up there last easter and they thought it was brilliant .
we stopped in the Macclesfield Travelodge ( which was a bargain) for the easter period and loved the nags head a few doors away . some great local groups on as well .

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy