Author Topic: Cottages to rent  (Read 829 times)

Steve and Angie

Cottages to rent
« on: 17:01:48, 03/08/15 »
Hi all, we intend visiting the Lake District next year for the first time. We would like to do Scafell as well as other walks. Can anyone recommend a site or cottage that accepts two well behaved dogs. Not worried about being in the middle of no where or amenities nearby.......the more secluded the better.

Rhino

• Veteran Member
Re: Cottages to rent
« Reply #1 on: 18:42:27, 03/08/15 »
We have just stayed in Hawkshead in a cottage but unfortunately it was only 1 pet allowed but we found our cottage through Lake Lovers and you can select pet friendly as an option.

http://www.lakelovers.co.uk/?gclid=CL6ZyOi6jccCFcTJtAodFCIIvw

Wainwrights Completed 12/12/15

Matto

« Reply #2 on: 16:54:04, 04/08/15 »
We are staying at one in Bowness in September. That advertises that 2 dogs are allowed. We will be taking 1 with us. It looks a nice place but haven't been yet so cannot comment.
http://www.cumbrian-cottages.co.uk/central-southern-lakes/bowness-on-windermere/forest-lodge

Steve and Angie

« Reply #3 on: 18:12:52, 04/08/15 »
Thank you to both of you. We are trawling through the sites with anticipation. Both very excited about starting to explore the lake district.

Rhino

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 12:35:11, 05/08/15 »
Your in for a wonderful time no matter where you stay, although there are many wonderful places in the UK and as much as i enjoy seeing as many of them as i can and having a bit of variety, personally for me the Lakes is the best and the one that both me and the wife have been drawn back to time after time.

We set off to Scotland in our Caravan at Easter 2013 after spending the previous years traveling around Yorkshire and other places, we had an overnight stay in the Northern Fells area and never got to Scotland deciding to spend the entire holiday in the Lakes. That was the start of the love affair for both of us and since then we have taken most of our holidays there as well as every weekend i/we can grab be it staying in the Tent, Caravan, cottage, car or whatever  ;D

I am sure you will be looking for some routes for walks when you decide where to stay and you wont be short of any replies  :)

BTW we tried again last July to get to Scotland and made it to Berwick Upon Tweed which was a lovely area so we got a bit further and still have the ambition and desire to get over that border for a holiday. Well hopefully  ;D
Wainwrights Completed 12/12/15

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy