Author Topic: [TR] Pembrokeshire Coast Path 2015  (Read 4952 times)

Jac

• Veteran Member
Re: [TR] Pembrokeshire Coast Path 2015
« Reply #15 on: 16:07:57, 06/11/15 »
Great report and gorgeous photos. Having done the SWCP this is a 'must do' - such beautiful scenery. I note you stayed on camp sites. How would you rate the opportunties for wild camping as I like the freeedom to vary the daily mileage as the walk progresses to explore off route?   
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

kukko

« Reply #16 on: 16:33:57, 06/11/15 »
Thanks guys for your nice comments!

Great report and gorgeous photos. Having done the SWCP this is a 'must do' - such beautiful scenery. I note you stayed on camp sites. How would you rate the opportunties for wild camping as I like the freeedom to vary the daily mileage as the walk progresses to explore off route?

I found it very difficult to wild camp as there's not much space between the edge of the cliffs and fence on the other side. And as the weather was quite rough, I would have needed the spots to be sheltered, that's why I didn't even consider of camping on the beach. Also as it's kind of prohibited didn't really encourage me to try.

A person more familiar with wild camping in UK might feel different though, and on a nice sunny day everything seems more doable :)

alewife

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 16:50:15, 06/11/15 »
Nice to see some pictures of this. I walked some of it a few years ago but my tent blew away on what looked like the very campsite where you mentioned  the wind, there was certainly no shelter. I never completed the walk (I was doing it from the other end), though your pics have inspired me to have a go at finishing it next year. Lovely place to walk.
Alewife

...beware of the bull!

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 19:01:57, 06/11/15 »
Great photos kukko   :)   The scenery is beautiful

White Horse Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 16:01:46, 19/11/15 »
Lovely photos enjoyed looking at them. I stayed at St Bride's Castle in July this year, beautiful walking around there although I had a bad leg and couldn't do as much as I'd hoped. Would love to walk the whole thing but I'm not a camper so it will take some planning. Maybe when we retire........
~
Sue

kukko

« Reply #20 on: 07:45:07, 21/12/15 »
Hi guys and thanks for your comments!

Here's the video of the trip. Hope you guys like it too!
Because of the wind and rain, I didn't shoot that much material.. just to have something that would be nice to remember afterwards :)

https://vimeo.com/149550699

Cnicht

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 09:09:21, 30/01/16 »
So glad I saw this TR I've been wanting to do some more of this path, this year.  I'll not be camping though as I know what the weather can be like there. 

Hmmm going to start researching, thank you for sharing your experience :)

Susan

« Reply #22 on: 00:36:26, 12/03/17 »
Your photos look wonderful , but the weather sounds awful , and very isolated
My sister and I are walking the compleat trail in may . We are taking it much slower and staying at B&B's . What time of year did you walk ? 8)

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 08:17:52, 12/03/17 »
He did his walk starting at the end of April.

I did the walk last year, also in April, did it in 9 days and it only rained on one of those days so you never know what weather you will get.

I really enjoyed the walk, you can read my account at http://brians-walks.co.uk/pembrokeshire-coast-path.html
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy