Author Topic: What's your walking plans for 2016  (Read 11736 times)

Summit

• Veteran Member
Re: What's your walking plans for 2016
« Reply #45 on: 00:33:36, 04/01/16 »
A few of us have signed up for the 1000 Mike challenge and the list is growing if anyone fancied joining in.

http://www.walkingforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=31427.msg453708#new
BURN FAT NOT OIL

antiquesam

« Reply #46 on: 14:25:31, 04/01/16 »
I'm impressed with the ambitions of all those before me. I'm off to the Highlands for three weeks in the motorhome to have a walk each day.  I'll probably manage sometime in the Quantocks and the Brecons. My idea of wildcamping is parking the van in a quiet car park and enjoying the comforts of heating, shower and good breakfast before a few miles walking.

Rhino

• Veteran Member
« Reply #47 on: 19:47:36, 04/01/16 »
I'm impressed with the ambitions of all those before me. I'm off to the Highlands for three weeks in the motorhome to have a walk each day.  I'll probably manage sometime in the Quantocks and the Brecons. My idea of wildcamping is parking the van in a quiet car park and enjoying the comforts of heating, shower and good breakfast before a few miles walking.

Lucky you  O0
I was the same with the caravan and i still am to a point but in the last 12 months ive moved back in to camping a bit here and there and will be trying my first wild camp this year as well. Much easier in the van though to carry the beer and keep it chilled  ;D
Look forward to some great pictures from your trip to the Highlands.
Wainwrights Completed 12/12/15

antiquesam

« Reply #48 on: 20:04:38, 04/01/16 »
Thanks Rhino. I'll try and save enough energy to click the camera. I had two weeks in the Dales  and a week in the Brecons this year. My other half gives me an exeat , provided I take the dog as a chaperone

kevilsonlad

« Reply #49 on: 23:13:55, 04/01/16 »
off to Ambleside on Thursday for five nights with the wife on a walking holiday , but all depends of the state of certain bridges . I keep looking on the rights of way map with the conditions of the lakes ......
Plus booked for a week in September in a apartment in Patterdale for a walking holiday.
Then we will be having long weekends away in and around Derbyshire where we stay in Glossop ( Travelodge ) and Macclesfield ( Travelodge) both good bases for walks ( and a few beers  ;) )

Markdvs

« Reply #50 on: 09:54:50, 05/01/16 »
Complete the sections of the Pennine Way i haven't done .
The Dales High Way .
Cumbria Way .
See more of the Peak district . Though i've managed to do Castleton , The Roaches and Thorpe Cloud many years ago .

Looks like i'm going to be busy  :)

It's all downhill from now on up .

domtheone

• Veteran Member
« Reply #51 on: 09:56:32, 25/08/16 »
Off the top of my head...

More Wainwrights. 
Finish the Welsh 3000's
Do some winter walks/scrambles
CMD up Nevis
Aonach Eagach
Do a wild camp
Do Tryfan a few times
Reverse Snowdon Horseshoe

Just bumping this thread to see how peeps have got on so far.

Done all of my list above apart from wild camp and a reverse of the Snowdon Horseshoe. :)
If they don't like you going out, they'll love you coming in!

*Money back guarantee does not cover for **** weather!

Percy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #52 on: 10:17:16, 25/08/16 »
Good stuff Dom.  O0

I thought I'd posted in this thread but apparently not.

My plan, after a year of illness in 2015, was to lose all the weight I'd put on and get my fitness back. I've pretty much achieved that so am quite happy.

I had a week and a half in the Lake District in April and a weekend in Glencoe in June, apart from that, and the customary Malvern Hill walks when visiting my folks, most of my walking has been local.

Next year it'll be different. Depending on what time I can get off work I am planning either half or all of the GR20.  :)

clyoung

• Veteran Member
« Reply #53 on: 12:07:32, 25/08/16 »
I did make it up Snowdon  O0 and astonishingly had enough good weather days to do a full west to east traverse of the Nantlle Ridge, climb Mynydd Mawr and walk up and done the Aberglaslyn Gorge as well. More sunny days than in all my previous Snowdonia trips combined  :)

I have managed another 7 Hewitts/11 Nuttalls in the Brecon Beacons National Park since I posted in December, in a real mix of weather conditions. I've visited all the 2000 foot summits in Fforest Fawr and the Black Mountains and now just have 3 in the Brecon Beacons and 4 in the Black Mountain to go. I've also done some walks not involving the bigger peaks as I discover the limits of hill bagging and try to focus more on interesting walks.

agentmancuso

• Veteran Member
« Reply #54 on: 20:37:56, 25/08/16 »
Well I've finished the Dewey Donalds at last, so the year has been a success even though I haven't done a great deal else. Probably just about finish the remaining 13 of 526 hills above 500m in the Southern Uplands by the end of the year.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #55 on: 21:08:58, 25/08/16 »
My 2016 walking plan is "County Bagging" - to do a walk in as many different Counties as possible in the mainland UK.

Well .... erm...  moving swiftly on ....   :-[

domtheone

• Veteran Member
« Reply #56 on: 21:18:08, 25/08/16 »
Depending on what time I can get off work I am planning either half or all of the GR20.  :)

Epic (allegedly) O0 

Group meet :D
If they don't like you going out, they'll love you coming in!

*Money back guarantee does not cover for **** weather!

Percy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #57 on: 07:41:03, 26/08/16 »
If anyone is up for it then speak up!  :D

SteveCRunner

« Reply #58 on: 14:53:21, 26/08/16 »
I'm happy to say for 2016 I completed a circuit of Wales by doing the bit from Port Talbot to Chepstow. Not the first thing people would think of for a July holiday, but parts were impressive, like the Newport transporter bridge, for example.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy