Author Topic: Bleaklow via the Higher Shelf Stones  (Read 1231 times)

adalard

• Veteran Member
Bleaklow via the Higher Shelf Stones
« on: 12:00:43, 19/12/15 »

I just finished a write up on my blog of a walk I did over Bleaklow last week. I'd planned just to visit the Higher Shelf Stones but for once I was making good time so I decided to extend the walk to Bleaklow Head. It was a bit murky and cold weather-wise but I had a great time and seeing a mountain hare in its winter coat really made my day.  :)

The Lower Shelf Stones from the Higher Shelf Stones.

The full report can be viewed here: http://www.occasionallylost.com/2015/12/bleaklow-via-higher-shelf-stones.html

All the best, Justin

GazzerG

Re: Bleaklow via the Higher Shelf Stones
« Reply #1 on: 08:44:19, 20/12/15 »
Great TR and pics Justin  O0
Another walk to bookmark within a hours drive  ;)

How lucky are you getting the snap of that mountain hare... certainly had better luck than Ellie Harrison off countryfile last week  :P

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 14:07:49, 20/12/15 »
Enjoyed the TR and photos   :)   Although the landscape looks desolate, it has grandeur and a wild beauty   :)

Rhino

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 14:21:50, 20/12/15 »
Great Blog Justin and an enjoyable read with a great shot of the hare  :)  i did part of this walk in 2014 and included the bomber crash site, my one and only walk in the peak district to date  :D  something i have to try and improve upon going forward.

Wainwrights Completed 12/12/15

adalard

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 10:25:32, 22/12/15 »
Cheers for the comments, all - really appreciate it!  :)

It made my day seeing the mountain hare, Gazzer - still buzzing a bit from the experience!

There definitely is a bleak grandeur to the landscape, Dovegirl. I've been trying this year to explore some more mountainous territory such as in Wales and the Lakes but that kind of moorland walk will always have a big place in my heart, I love it.

The Peak District's well worth a visit or two (or more!), Rhino... Mind you, so much of this country is - I see so many places on here and on other blogs/sites and I wonder if I'll ever manage to go everywhere I want to.  :)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy