Author Topic: Warcop Access 2016 for Mickle Fell  (Read 6018 times)

keithie

Re: Warcop Access 2016 for Mickle Fell
« Reply #15 on: 09:01:48, 12/05/16 »
This iMickle Fell) s on my list for July ...

access dates for 2016 are here :

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/warcop-access-times

2 questions ..

1. Is there a 'standard form' of letter you need to write to obtain a permit ..or will just saying please, giving a list of preferredroutes and when be enough ?

2. Are dogs allowed

thanks in advance

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 21:08:41, 12/05/16 »
A simple email telling the range office when you want to go and which route you intend to follow, ie northern or southen route. They will send you the paperwork to fill in. On the day you call the guardroom to confirm your departure and again to confirm you are clear.

The easiest route is the southern from the cattle grid on the Brough/Middleton road as you do not need to cross Maize Beck.

See http://www.haroldstreet.org.uk/routes/download/?walk=1855

Not sure about dogs but I would not advise it as they would have to be kept on a short lead throughout as you are crossing a shooting estate. Most estates round here will only tolerate dogs under close control on public rights of way. Ask the question in your email.
Solvitur Ambulando

keithie

« Reply #17 on: 22:29:40, 12/05/16 »
Excellent...many thanks for that ...looks like just less than 300m gain and 3+ hours ...so shd be ok for me.

I shall email them tomorrow

I'm sure the wife & dog will let me have half a day without them ...

very helpful ...tyvm

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 22:48:32, 12/05/16 »
You are welcome. If you want more ideas for walks in the area click/tap on the blue  "i" behind the Author name in the link I posted, scroll down below the hills list and open the link "View ninthace's routes by map"
Solvitur Ambulando

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy