Author Topic: In praise of Rab gaiters  (Read 2430 times)

youradvocate

• Veteran Member
In praise of Rab gaiters
« on: 19:48:20, 08/02/16 »
I've bought a few pairs of gaiters in my time but I wish to sing the praises of my Rab ones in particular They have taken a real pounding last year and during this winter especially because of the rain and mud which is particular sticky and gooey at the moment and will just not go away. They are caked in mud, they have seen me though muddy woods, soggy fields, large and sometimes deep puddles and they still work perfectly. They have stayed secure, need no adjustment once on and have never let water through to my socks or lower trousers. One of my personal best buys!

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
Re: In praise of Rab gaiters
« Reply #1 on: 22:40:51, 08/02/16 »
One of my personal best buys!

+1  O0
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Slipkid

« Reply #2 on: 07:39:12, 10/02/16 »
Sportpursuit.com are selling rab latok alpine Gaiters for £19.99 if anyone is interested

youradvocate

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 10:18:16, 10/02/16 »
That price looks very good, I'm sure I paid just under £30 two years ago.

youradvocate

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 10:34:34, 10/02/16 »
Very odd, I've just clicked onto sportspersuit.com site and they will not allow me to enter their site unless I give them my email address first. If I do this means more junk, so I just clicked off. Some firms really annoy me so no sale for then then!

midweekmountain

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 11:35:39, 10/02/16 »
Bought A new pair of hi spec RAB gaiters and took them to Norway with me last winter, first time I tried to put them one of the understrop loops stitching failed leaving them useless.

Luckily I had my well worn manky hi gear cheapo gaiters as a spare, I was raving mad so called quality gear letting you down first time on.

Rather be walking

« Reply #6 on: 12:34:39, 10/02/16 »
Still using pair of old Eurohike gaiters from Millets, never me down  O0
““The hardest part was coming to terms with the constant dispiriting discovery that there is always more hill.”
― Bill Bryson, A Walk in the Woods

Slogger

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 15:21:34, 10/02/16 »
Bought A new pair of hi spec RAB gaiters and took them to Norway with me last winter, first time I tried to put them one of the understrop loops stitching failed leaving them useless.

Luckily I had my well worn manky hi gear cheapo gaiters as a spare, I was raving mad so called quality gear letting you down first time on.

Understrap Loop Stitching? My Latoks have velcro attachments for the understrap, and have never been a problem making a very good seal around boot or shoe.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 15:30:59, 10/02/16 »
Understrap Loop Stitching? My Latoks have velcro attachments for the understrap, and have never been a problem making a very good seal around boot or shoe.

+1

Great gaiters
Where there's a will ...

phil1960

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 15:38:13, 10/02/16 »
I've had Latok's for a couple of years now, they have been used and thoroughly abused, still going strong
Touching from a distance, further all the time.

Slipkid

« Reply #10 on: 18:10:13, 10/02/16 »
Very odd, I've just clicked onto sportspersuit.com site and they will not allow me to enter their site unless I give them my email address first. If I do this means more junk, so I just clicked off. Some firms really annoy me so no sale for then then!
They are a legitimate company and you have to join up as a member. You can also pay through PayPal.

wobblyknees

« Reply #11 on: 20:03:51, 10/02/16 »

Some bargains come at a cost. The regular emails I get from Aldi and Lidl mostly annoy me but I keep allowing them because I've picked up some great bargains (not just walking gear, mostly household) over the years. Often quality brandnames. E.g recent bargain was a much needed Livarno stainless steel waterproof letterbox for under 20% of the price charged by a local architectural ironmongery shop.

The most annoying thing about Sportspursuit is that they do a deal with manufacturers for a bulk purchase at low prices. They will not go ahead with the purchase until they have "pre sold" a viable quantity on their website. They do not tell you this until after you have placed your order - so if you need something in a hurry, forget Sportspursuit.

Last year I ordered a bargain Paramo Parameta wicking baselayer for the Tour De Mont Blanc. Luckily it arrived nearly 2 months later the day before I flew over there.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy