Author Topic: (T/R) Kinder Classic  (Read 4343 times)

jontea

• Veteran Member
(T/R) Kinder Classic
« on: 20:12:08, 21/03/16 »
Hi there, just wanted to say I know this route has been done as a trip report probably a hundred times over.
But as I haven't been out walking for a while and needed some sort of mountain fix before I go mad, I chose a route I know well and not too far from home.
And as I haven't contributed much for a while, I thought I'd share my day with you guys     :)      

http://johntrowsdale.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/testing-toe-on-kinder-scout-14216.html
Walking is the world’s oldest exercise and today’s modern medicine.

https://www.johntrowsdaleart.com/

Instagram  jontea62

domtheone

• Veteran Member
Re: (T/R) Kinder Classic
« Reply #1 on: 20:35:36, 21/03/16 »
Lovely stuff Mr President.

One of my fave Peaks walk that, having done it 3-4 times.

Get's a bit airy up on the top when you end up in a whiteout though :o ;D
If they don't like you going out, they'll love you coming in!

*Money back guarantee does not cover for **** weather!

ljmeerkat75

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 20:36:29, 21/03/16 »
Great TR and photos i really enjoyed it i liked the photo of kinder reservoir i think i spotted the waker in your pic dead center on the distant edge? Hope your op goes well and your back on your feet soon

jontea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 21:49:32, 21/03/16 »
Lovely stuff Mr President.

One of my fave Peaks walk that, having done it 3-4 times.

Get's a bit airy up on the top when you end up in a whiteout though :o ;D

Cheers Dom, yes it's a respectable hill, which I've done many times (think I'm on 9 ascent routes) always something different each time  O0

Great TR and photos i really enjoyed it i liked the photo of kinder reservoir i think i spotted the waker in your pic dead center on the distant edge? Hope your op goes well and your back on your feet soon

Thanks Luke, you're right, the walkers were on the far side, centre and about a third of the way over from the left. It gives the Downfall some sort of scale.
Glad you enjoyed the read and yeah hope to meet up sometime once I'm sorted  O0

Instagram  jontea62

Rhino

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 22:21:52, 21/03/16 »
El presedente I can't read your TR mate Iam on gprs on the phone and it won't display it. I'll take a look tomorrow while in Penrith and 4G.

Anyway glad you have got out for a walk, good for you mate especially with the toe and look forward to your TR tomorrow.

Wainwrights Completed 12/12/15

jontea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 22:27:04, 21/03/16 »
El presedente I can't read your TR mate Iam on gprs on the phone and it won't display it. I'll take a look tomorrow while in Penrith and 4G.

Anyway glad you have got out for a walk, good for you mate especially with the toe and look forward to your TR tomorrow.

Sorry you can't read it Dave, but I'll look forward to your comments tomorrow mate  O0

Instagram  jontea62

phil1960

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 07:07:13, 22/03/16 »
Great to see you out and about mate and enjoyed the TR, looks like a cracking walk  O0
Touching from a distance, further all the time.

adalard

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 07:14:49, 22/03/16 »
Great TR and pictures.  O0  Kinder might be a walk that's been done many times over but I'll never tire of doing it or looking at photos of it.  :)

Robnolan

« Reply #8 on: 19:22:53, 22/03/16 »
Great TR John.
Kinder is probably my favourite hill. I've been up it dozens of times.
I'm going to do the Kinder Round in the next few weeks. 19 miles all the way round, and I think one of the best hill walks you can do.

jontea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 20:14:14, 22/03/16 »
Great to see you out and about mate and enjoyed the TR, looks like a cracking walk  O0

Hi Phil, It's A great walk mate, one I've done a few times and always a treat. O0

Great TR and pictures.  O0  Kinder might be a walk that's been done many times over but I'll never tire of doing it or looking at photos of it.  :)

Thanks adalard, I feel the same way  :)

Great TR John.
Kinder is probably my favourite hill. I've been up it dozens of times.
I'm going to do the Kinder Round in the next few weeks. 19 miles all the way round, and I think one of the best hill walks you can do.

Hi Rob, that's a big day out mate. I've walked the perimeter of the plateau, but never in one go.
Hope you get a dry spell as that peat on the north and East side are really tough to get through during wet spells, so all the best  O0
Glad you enjoyed the T/R cheers  :)

Instagram  jontea62

dittzzy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 21:25:30, 22/03/16 »
Thank you, I enjoyed that.  It's amazing how the weather changes though innit?   Good luck with the op.  O0 O0

Robnolan

« Reply #11 on: 22:22:41, 22/03/16 »
Hi John
I've done the full round three times, and you are right, the north section can be a bog fest. I always wait for a dry spell. Another good day out is a walk across the middle. You have to know what your doing, so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who doesn't know the area.
When you're back on track, we should do the round together.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 22:49:57, 22/03/16 »
Nice report John, I enjoyed reading that  O0

I know what you mean about getting cabin fever and hope your toe op goes well and you're out and about and pain free soon  :)

jontea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 06:36:12, 23/03/16 »
Hi John
I've done the full round three times, and you are right, the north section can be a bog fest. I always wait for a dry spell. Another good day out is a walk across the middle. You have to know what your doing, so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who doesn't know the area.
When you're back on track, we should do the round together.
Long time since I've been across the middle Rob, but yeah I'd like to do the round when fully fit mate, that would be good  O0

Nice report John, I enjoyed reading that  O0

I know what you mean about getting cabin fever and hope your toe op goes well and you're out and about and pain free soon  :)

Thanks Mel, glad you enjoyed it. We still haven't got up there together yet.......one day aye  ;)

Yeah cabin fever...while I'm restricted to dog walks of only a handful of miles, I get so frustrated towards the end of a week, knowing I could be out in the Lakes or somewhere but for this problem.
You too have had your injuries of late so hope you're okay now  :)

Instagram  jontea62

jontea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 06:41:13, 23/03/16 »
Thank you, I enjoyed that.  It's amazing how the weather changes though innit?   Good luck with the op.  O0 O0

Thanks dittzzy, always best to take the kitchen sink with you in winter just in case, you never know and weather forecasters don't always get it right  ;)

Instagram  jontea62

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy