Author Topic: Over-trousers....  (Read 5882 times)

sussamb

• Veteran Member
Re: Over-trousers....
« Reply #15 on: 18:45:49, 02/05/16 »
Where there's a will ...

Rhino

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 20:56:10, 02/05/16 »
The only trouble with the Deluge is they fall down as the elastic waist draw cord is a bit pants pardon the pun  ;D  I use a pair of bracers on mine and ive stitched them to the waist as the snap close clips slide off the material.

Wainwrights Completed 12/12/15

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 21:42:11, 02/05/16 »
Really?  Never had that issue with mine  :o
Where there's a will ...

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 22:43:09, 02/05/16 »
Go here http://www.berghaus.com/mens-deluge-overtrousers/432907.html and click on size guide :)

Perfect cheers. O0   That will be XL for me then. :)

Rhino

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 13:53:30, 03/05/16 »
Really?  Never had that issue with mine  :o

Recently Strider had the same issue as i have had when we did Helvellyn in them constantly falling down, Dom last week on Ben Nevis complained of his falling down when walking down hill as well. Mine were terrible hence the braces and the trouble i went to and stitch them on.

You wont wear yours as much given the lower rainfall in your neck of the woods i would of thought?
Wainwrights Completed 12/12/15

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 14:35:19, 03/05/16 »
I wouldn't bet on that  ;) (although if you could get 5000:1 it would be worth it!)

Maybe I'm just a different shape  ;D
Where there's a will ...

badgerboy

« Reply #21 on: 20:57:40, 03/05/16 »
I find they fall down if I pull them quite high up (berghaus deluge that is) but if I wear them under my beer belly then they are fine. Very waterproof and you can usually get go outdoors to do a decent price match, think I got mine for £27 in the end!

quixoticgeek

« Reply #22 on: 20:33:41, 04/05/16 »

The other option rather than over trousers is just waterproof trousers. I use Páramo Cascada 1 trousers, they aren't light, but they are waterproof and very comfortable. No need to keep donning and removing over trousers when the rain happens. Just wear them all day every day and stay dry.

The down side is that in summer they are quite warm. In summer I use Craghopper Kiwi pro stretch trousers, they aren't water proof, but they keep out light showers, and when they get wet they dry very quick. But when it's not hot weather, my Cascada 1's are my goto walking trouser.

J
--
Http://b.42q.eu/ - Beer, Bikes and Backpacking.

Trenchfoot

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 08:35:48, 05/05/16 »
Another for the berghaus deluge trousers. With the pop studded seam running almost the length of the trouser they can be thrown on in an instant without the need to pull off a boot and risk wet feet.  O0
roll on the weekend

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: 18:21:06, 05/05/16 »
Another for the berghaus deluge trousers. With the pop studded seam running almost the length of the trouser they can be thrown on in an instant without the need to pull off a boot and risk wet feet.  O0

Well as a direct result of this thread. Mine arrived in the post today.  O0   Hopefully it will be a while before I get to test them.

keithie

« Reply #25 on: 12:58:41, 08/05/16 »
I use Mckinley aquamax lite overtrousers ... they r just amazing ...full zip hip to ankle and fold away to nothing ... 300g weight. they also have that plasticky seal around & along the zip to keep them waterproof there (probably has some posh name). Had them nearly 10 years ...still no problems ..do the job very well indeed

The most amazing thing is that they are £7 (yes, seven pounds!) .. from this link ..

http://www.tonyprycesports.co.uk/mens-c1/clothing-c92/trousers-c103/mens-longville-waterproof-trousers-black-p72246

(Tony pryce sports online)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy