Author Topic: Hello from Bradford :)  (Read 1305 times)

FaysalH

Hello from Bradford :)
« on: 03:57:34, 25/05/16 »
Hey everyone I'm Faysal from Bradford. Another newbie in the midst, just caught the hiking bug recently and looking to get educated before I hurt myself trying to go too far too soon  O0

alewife

• Veteran Member
Re: Hello from Bradford :)
« Reply #1 on: 07:36:55, 25/05/16 »
Welcome to the forum. You should be fine as long as you stick with walking. Just be aware that some folks on here might have you doing all sorts of vertical stuff that isn't really walking,  though mostly great fun but occasionally a bit scary :o .

:)
Alewife

...beware of the bull!

ljmeerkat75

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 08:49:40, 25/05/16 »
Hello and welcome to the forum from North Wales plenty of tips on here you will be educated before you know it and people doing vertical stuff Debs i don't know anyone on here who does anything like that!....are you signing up to the next Tryfan meet

Rather be walking

« Reply #3 on: 12:20:03, 25/05/16 »
Hi FaysalH welcome from the south coast near Portsmouth.  :)
““The hardest part was coming to terms with the constant dispiriting discovery that there is always more hill.”
― Bill Bryson, A Walk in the Woods

alewife

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 21:23:27, 25/05/16 »
Hello and welcome to the forum from North Wales plenty of tips on here you will be educated before you know it and people doing vertical stuff Debs i don't know anyone on here who does anything like that!....are you signing up to the next Tryfan meet

No, nor the all night one. The only time of year I have to do any real work between now and mid-July. Maybe in the Autumn. O0
Alewife

...beware of the bull!

FaysalH

« Reply #5 on: 02:56:28, 26/05/16 »
I'm all for scary if I'm honest. A casual walk isn't really what I'm looking for, rather the tougher...not quite vertical "walks". But I appreciate the warning all the same!

alewife

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 07:28:53, 26/05/16 »
I'm all for scary if I'm honest. A casual walk isn't really what I'm looking for, rather the tougher...not quite vertical "walks". But I appreciate the warning all the same!

Well, stick around and keep posting and you'll get access to the meet-ups board on here where you can join in with some of the 'more interesting' trips O0
Alewife

...beware of the bull!

ljmeerkat75

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 08:32:05, 26/05/16 »
No, nor the all night one. The only time of year I have to do any real work between now and mid-July. Maybe in the Autumn. O0
I hope you are able to do one debs it doesn't have to be a scramble

ljmeerkat75

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 08:35:31, 26/05/16 »

A few if us enjoy a good scramble so there is likely to be a meet to suit you in the meantime while you wait a month and put up 25 posts you can see the upcoming meets in the general section if there is anything that there you are interested in just PM and i will pass your msg along to whoever is organizing it

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 10:58:17, 26/05/16 »
Ay up from Wakefield O0
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

Peter

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 14:25:13, 26/05/16 »
Hello from Settle :)

Just up the road!
Peter
sometimes I fall off the learning curve....
Join: Yorkshire Dales Walking Buddies
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1783012625307

FaysalH

« Reply #11 on: 23:09:34, 26/05/16 »
Cheers for all the info guys, will definitely be looking to join in for some of the meets in the upcoming months. Just waiting on my shiny new gear to arrive tomorrow  ;D

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy