Author Topic: New Forest - Long Circular Walk  (Read 761 times)

Statto1971

New Forest - Long Circular Walk
« on: 12:55:38, 01/06/16 »
Hi,

I'm hoping to take my 16 year old son on a post-GCSE short walking break to the New Forest.

Ideally, what I'd like to do is leave my car at a hotel or pub with accommodation on day 1, do a walk of 20ish miles, stop at a different hotel or pub that night, and then return to the original pub/hotel the next day (and stay the night) following another walk of 20ish miles. Has anyone done something like this and has recommendations or suggestions?

Any advice gratefully received!

Many thanks

wintonian

Re: New Forest - Long Circular Walk
« Reply #1 on: 22:23:24, 03/06/16 »
Given that most of it is common land plotting a route shouldn't be an issue. In fact I I often go down there with a vague route in mind and end up traversing some approximation based on how I feel at the time.

Perhaps south to north start/ finishing in Lymington? With lunch stops at Lyndhurst/ Burly?

The reptile centre and Knightwood Oak (the two are close together) and the Ornamental Drive might be a couple of points of interest along the way Beaulieu and Bucklers Hard might also be worth considering you fancy swinging out that way.

Really I would just think of some places you want to visit and join up the dots.

As for accommodation I hope you have quite few £££ available cause it ain't cheap, with the campsites charging what would be hotel prices in a lot of areas.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy