Author Topic: Awesome Customer Service-In Praise of Big Agnes  (Read 2801 times)

Annejacko

• Veteran Member
A mate and I bought a Big Agnes Seedhouse SL 2 second hand on ebay in 2009 as a joint tent for backpacking trips and the odd Mountain Marathon.

It got used for a handful of weekends then went back in my wardrobe where it has stayed for the last 3 years or so as my mate has had a run of injuries and illness.

This summer senior daughter and I decided to do a couple of wild camps (Place Fell Lake District and Dartmoor, must get round to doing some TRs)

When I got the tent out the seam tapes had crumbled away and the outer was sticky.

I emailed Big Agnes to ask if there was anything I could do to fix it.

They suggested using Mcnett tape to replace the tape and that washing in Tech wash might help the sticky fly sheet OR if I wanted to send them the faulty parts they'd replace them free of charge!!

So I sent back a second hand 7 year old tent to Big Agnes in Steamboat Springs, Colarado which cost about £20 postage and today I received a brand new inner and fly to go with my existing poles and pegs at no extra cost  :) :) :)

It's now pitched in my back garden and as you can probably tell I'm very pleased with the outcome!

Would I buy a Big Agnes product again?, you bet  O0

Enjoy every sandwich

alewife

• Veteran Member
Re: Awesome Customer Service-In Praise of Big Agnes
« Reply #1 on: 17:32:01, 24/08/16 »
Great to hear of good service. I've always wanted a big agnes tent just because I love the name ::)
Alewife

...beware of the bull!

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 19:44:15, 27/08/16 »
The finest Customer Service ive ever experienced (twice) was with Timex watches.
Many years ago, i bought a top of the range Ironman watch, with digital compass, altimeter,you name it, it had it.
By what i can remember it cost well over £60, and that's back in the late 1980s, so it was a luxury purchase, and had been given rave reviews in Trail Magazine.

After a few months, the Indiglo nightlight function packed in, so i contacted Timex who posted me a business reply envelope to cover cost of postage.

After around two weeks, i has a parcel through the post, with a remarkable attached letter.

A lovely apology for the fault so soon after purchase, and a big thank you for purchasing one of their watches.

The biggest surprise was that they returned the faulty watch, and gave me a new one as well.

Ive still got the replacement watch to this day.

Customer Service of the highest order.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 07:15:28, 28/08/16 »
And yet again nothing to do with this thread  >:(
Where there's a will ...

Glyno

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 08:32:49, 28/08/16 »
...and Trail magazine (or Trail Walker as it was at the time) didn't appear until the 90's.

Percy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 10:29:33, 28/08/16 »
I lent my Mountain Equipment Firefly tent to a teenager for a post-exam camping trip - I know - it came back with a snapped pole. We phoned ME to ask where we could get a replacement. I didn't hold out much hope as they'd stopped selling this model of tent. 2 days later a complete set of replacement poles turned up in the post at no charge. Above and beyond indeed.

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 14:12:41, 28/08/16 »
Put your glasses on mate, the threads about Superb Customer Service, i got it with Timex on two occasions.

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 14:28:27, 28/08/16 »
Put your glasses on mate, the threads about Superb Customer Service, i got it with Timex on two occasions.

It's about superb customer service with Big Agnes, not Timex or anywhere else, no glasses needed to see that  ::)
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

Percy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 14:34:03, 28/08/16 »
I've got it wrong too. :'(

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 14:53:26, 28/08/16 »
It's about superb customer service with Big Agnes, not Timex or anywhere else, no glasses needed to see that  ::)

Exactly  ::)
Where there's a will ...

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 16:05:11, 28/08/16 »
Nothing wrong in a thread going a little bit off the precise topic (though perhaps it was a bit soon in this instance). Done it myself loads of times, as I know you'll all agree. How often have you searched online for something and found a forum thread which starts off ok but ends up with a totally different discussion? It happens everywhere.
Interesting though the experience in the OP was to read, if the thread was kept strictly on topic it could have ended up with no further posts, because there must be very few people who have gone through the same experience with that particular company.
For others to sing their praise about what happened with different products expands the thread and adds a bit of variety to it.
Just my opinion.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy