Author Topic: Small Rucksack / Daypack with RIGID air flow system???  (Read 4210 times)

DogDeluxe

Hi all,

I'm after a small rucksack / daypack that has a rigid airflow system, similar to that on larger Berghaus rucksacks.

I get really sweaty... and I mean sweaty!!! So the standard airflow systems on smaller packs do not work for me, especially when you've got a coat or fleece stuffed into the rucksack, as it warps the rucksack, and then the air flow system does not work and is squashed against my back. I really want one that curves away from your back rigidly.

Any clues, as I'm bored of trawling through 400 pages on Amazon's rucksack section  :-\

DogDeluxe

DogDeluxe

Re: Small Rucksack / Daypack with RIGID air flow system???
« Reply #1 on: 21:18:53, 24/08/16 »
The best I have found is the Deuter Bike-Rs Rocket EXP Air.

Hope this helps anyone in the same predicament!  O0

Percy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 21:22:03, 24/08/16 »
Some of the smaller Osprey packs fulfill this criteria - the Stratos packs certainly do.

Daveyboy

« Reply #3 on: 21:44:25, 24/08/16 »
Take a close look at the Lowe Alpine Airzone range of packs.

I had exactly the same issues as yourself and after much research I purchased one of these and have never looked back.

altirando

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 00:02:34, 25/08/16 »
Another vote for Osprey packs.  Even small ones have a good hip belt and air flow system that keeps the pack from sagging against your back and causing sweat.

mananddog

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 07:13:30, 25/08/16 »
I have a 20litre rucksack with a rigid airflow system which is free to anyone who wants it.

adalard

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 09:09:19, 25/08/16 »
Take a close look at the Lowe Alpine Airzone range of packs.

I had exactly the same issues as yourself and after much research I purchased one of these and have never looked back.

I'll second that - we have a couple of Lowe Alpine packs and they have been brilliant, we're really chuffed with them.

DogDeluxe

« Reply #7 on: 15:27:41, 25/08/16 »
Many thanks for all your replies!  O0

Raboldi

« Reply #8 on: 20:12:19, 25/08/16 »
Another one you may want to look at is this one from Decathlon. A lot cheaper than the other backpacks mentioned and they usually come up with some top gear.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/f-30l-air-h-backpack-blue-red-id_8337455.html [nofollow]  

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 12:11:41, 26/08/16 »
The most comfortable sac ive ever had on my back, was one specifically designed for adventure runners by Kamelbak.
Unlike most other sacs, it had three chest harnesses, and a specially moulded contoured back, that simply clung to your back and shoulders like a limpet.
It was around 20L capacity by what i can remember, and had just enough pockets to be utilised by a person looking for extreme comfort on their shoulders.

Camelbak also gave you the option of using the hydration bladder in the sac, or removing it, for extra capacity.

Either way, you simply did not know the thing was there, and there was little or no lateral movement when on the move.

Glyno

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 20:50:42, 27/08/16 »

Unlike most other sacs, it had three chest harnesses, and a specially moulded contoured back, that simply clung to your back and shoulders like a limpet.

most helpful.
...the original poster clearly stating that he/she wants a sack with a back "that curves away from your back rigidly"

::)

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 21:07:54, 27/08/16 »
More important is a sac that offers extreme comfort, not a sac that curves away from ones back.
Comfort is everything, a sac with a rigid back, that may or may not suit ones body profile, could be a nightmare.

Wanting a sac that has a particular design, sounds like it's being chosen in the hope that it might solve a problem, when in fact it may not prove effective.

Unless Mr Dog has a particular sac in mind, which at the moment he seems to be at a loss in choosing one, then offering him advice on a sac designed for maximum exhersion with the sweat involved, seems rather logical.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 21:31:16, 27/08/16 »

I'll second that - we have a couple of Lowe Alpine packs and they have been brilliant, we're really chuffed with them.

Me too.  I use the LA 35l air zone, very happy with it both as a day sac and used it on LDWs.
Where there's a will ...

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 21:34:08, 27/08/16 »
.... Offering him advice on a sac designed for maximum exhersion with the sweat involved, seems rather logical.

Err, no, not logical at all  :-\
Where there's a will ...

Daveyboy

« Reply #14 on: 22:34:36, 27/08/16 »

Dyffryn Ardudwy - as you really seem to like the sound of your own voice may I respectfully suggest that you purchase a tape recorder to record your thoughts and play them back to yourself till your hearts content.

The rest of the outdoor community could the continue to have meaningful discussions without fear of you boring the @rse of everyone with your self righteous comments.

God, I feel so much better for getting that of my chest ;D O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy