Author Topic: What's Your Latest Walking Kit Purchase?  (Read 149681 times)

wombat

Re: What's Your Latest Walking Kit Purchase?
« Reply #1470 on: 21:16:13, 04/11/20 »
Just arrived only 4 days after ordering, a box containing 8 maps covering the Yorkshire Dales and the North Yorkshire Moors . Available as 2 bundles on the O/S website. Bought to replace existing ones that are getting very tatty. Just need to make some storages boxes now to hold my map collection  :)

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1471 on: 16:48:26, 05/11/20 »
Not a purchase but I've just received replacement Salomon Ultra X boots from Sportshoes.com for the ones that I sent back due to them leaking. I'm happy, I think?

pauldawes

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1472 on: 17:28:28, 05/11/20 »
Not a purchase but I've just received replacement Salomon Ultra X boots from Sportshoes.com for the ones that I sent back due to them leaking. I'm happy, I think?

Till you go out in latest pair and they leak again?

On positive side, plenty of wet grass around to test them on...if I were you Id be out tomorrow testing them, and if worst does happen, money back next time?

WhitstableDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1473 on: 15:53:35, 09/11/20 »
We pre-ordered a new incline trainer / treadmill a few weeks ago - and we've just been informed that it'll be delivered next Monday.

It's a NordicTrack X32i, with a 32" touchscreen, a maximum incline of +40% and decline of -6%. Can't wait!  :)

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1474 on: 17:44:54, 09/11/20 »
We pre-ordered a new incline trainer / treadmill a few weeks ago - and we've just been informed that it'll be delivered next Monday.

It's a NordicTrack X32i, with a 32" touchscreen, a maximum incline of +40% and decline of -6%. Can't wait!  :)
Have you worn out the previous treadmill?

WhitstableDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1475 on: 18:02:58, 09/11/20 »
Have you worn out the previous treadmill?
Between the two of us, we've walked and run 2,180 miles on the 'old' one since April, but it's still going strong.

We're giving it to our daughter's family, although I suspect we'll be stuck with it until lockdown is over.  :)

WhitstableDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1476 on: 14:17:09, 10/11/20 »
My newest pair of walking shoes has just arrived.  :)

I've got some running tops and socks by Higher State, which I think is a SportsShoes.com brand (although I might be wrong) and I've found them to be both amazingly cheap and extremely good. So when I saw that SportsShoes.com is selling trail-running shoes for just 29.99 (with free p&p) I just had to give them a try...

The shoes are called Soil Shaker and although they're listed as trail-running shoes, I thought the slightly heavier than usual construction and the incredibly grippy-looking soles would make them perfect for winter walking on muddy ground. They're not waterproof, having a light, meshy upper, but pairing them with waterproof socks should make them suitable for wet weather as well.

Initial impressions are that they feel very comfortable and seem well-made. There isn't a lot of arch support though, so I'll add some suitable insoles. BTW, I like the orange, but various other colours are available too.   O0

veracocha

« Reply #1477 on: 15:24:16, 10/11/20 »
I was about to share the excitement of a new footprint for my Hilleberg Soulo and then got an email from George Fishers to say there was an error with my online purchase and there is no stock available!

Tux

« Reply #1478 on: 18:43:09, 10/11/20 »
Sleeping bag Ferrino Lightect 1000 Duvet RDS Down (950g, 17x35 cm, +15 0 -6 -23). Winter is coming!

lostme1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1479 on: 18:57:29, 11/11/20 »
A tin of Cherry blossom waxed leather oil using  a link provided by kinkyboots. Free postage was a bonus.
 I had looked previously at buying the wax following recommendations here but postage costs put me off as almost doubled the price.
« Last Edit: 19:16:35, 11/11/20 by lostme1 »
These boots are made for walking.... so long as the rest of my body agrees