Author Topic: What's Your Latest Walking Kit Purchase?  (Read 99401 times)

Owen

• Veteran Member
Re: What's Your Latest Walking Kit Purchase?
« Reply #900 on: 15:52:25, 03/11/19 »
One of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071D9MB7J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I've already got a solar panel it's a two panel 12w in a canvas case weighs 300g. The new one is 10w but one panel and only 80g.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #901 on: 21:04:57, 07/11/19 »
Popped into millets after work and bought a pair of cotton type walking trousers ready for our trip out to NZ. I still find cotton cooler and more comfortable than synthetic in the warm of summer.  As long as it doesn't rain.

Litehiker

« Reply #902 on: 04:37:50, 08/11/19 »
Quick StiX add-on plastic discs just below my walking stick handles.
A male disc on one pole mates with a female disc on the other pole and I twist them to form an X for resting my rifle while taking a long shot when hunting deer, elk or antelope here in Nevada. Rifle forearm rests between the handles.

These clever discs are made of high impact "engineering grade polymer" and truly work well with my poles and rifle.

Eric B.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #903 on: 09:19:20, 08/11/19 »
I bought 10 pairs of sew-on 1/2" magnets because I had this 'great idea' of using them to secure the flap across the zip on my rain jacket. Then I got cold feet because of the warning leaflet that came with them. Possible damage to phones mainly?

I now think I will use them on the flap that covers my tent zip. At the moment its Velco'd and I hate Velcro!

I'm organising a new rain kilt with my wife's friends help and guidance so I'm hoping that she will tell me that they will be useful to improve the quality of this item.

jontea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #904 on: 19:11:10, 08/11/19 »
I bought 10 pairs of sew-on 1/2" magnets because I had this 'great idea' of using them to secure the flap across the zip on my rain jacket. Then I got cold feet because of the warning leaflet that came with them. Possible damage to phones mainly?

Not to mention a compass Reg  ;)
Walking is the world’s oldest exercise and today’s modern medicine.

http://johntrowsdale.blogspot.com/?m=1
Twitter; @JohnTrowsdale

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #905 on: 19:49:14, 08/11/19 »
Or an attraction to fridges or any other large metal object  :)
Solvitur Ambulando

Hadrian

« Reply #906 on: 18:35:20, 10/11/19 »

Saved up my pennies and bought a Rab Kangri Gore-Tex jacket from my local Cotswold Outdoor, and with my NT card I got a good deal. Wore it on a 7 mile walk today, and very pleased so far. Just need to try it in heavy rain!